Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nkiwan

Downgrade to 4.1.2

I managed to successfully upgrade to 4.2.2 but later realised that android no longer supports Component Video with the 4.2.2 update.

I would like to downgrade to 4.1.2 since I need component video. Would anyone be able to link me to the firmware package for 4.1.2? Also, I'm assuming it's the same process to downgrade as it is to upgrade, am I right?

Thank you for your help!

I managed to successfully upgrade to 4.2.2 but later realised that android no longer supports Component Video with the 4.2.2 update.

I would like to downgrade to 4.1.2 since I need component video. Would anyone be able to link me to the firmware package for 4.1.2? Also, I'm assuming it's the same process to downgrade as it is to upgrade, am I right?

Thank you for your help!

Please go to our Spain Partners website for the files on reverting back from 4.2 to 4.1

http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php

You may need google translate to translate there website from spanish to english

The steps should be the same as they are for upgrading to 4.2

Hi Justin!

Thank you for your reply!

I did manage to successfully downgrade to 4.1.2 with the file from that link. However, now my MyGica homescreen looks like this

IMAG1398.jpg.217c9147362361e272080895bb519c7a.jpg

Hi Justin!

Thank you for your reply!

I did manage to successfully downgrade to 4.1.2 with the file from that link. However, now my MyGica homescreen looks like this [attachment=1]IMAG1398.jpg[/attachment]

where it should and used to look like this [attachment=0]MyGica-ATV520-Dual-Core-TV-Box-with-Android-4.1-OS-NetFlix-XBMC-Apps-Turn-HDTV-to-Smart-TV-5.jpg[/attachment]

Would you know how I could get back the original home screen app please?

Thank you!!

You can find the latest 4.2 firmware files here for the ATV 1200. Will bring back the Blue Launcher menu you are looking for.

http://www.mygica.com/html/Support/

I can't use 4.2 because it is no longer compatible with the video component outputs which is what I need.

I need to get back to the factory 4.1 with the blue launcher menu. How can I do that?

Thanks again!

I can't use 4.2 because it is no longer compatible with the video component outputs which is what I need.

I need to get back to the factory 4.1 with the blue launcher menu. How can I do that?

Thanks again!

Hi

They sent me latest files for 4.1 here. Install the SPI file first, and then the firmware file. If in the upgrade app it does not find these files. Press the 3 Lined Context menu button on your remote 8 Times, and it should bring up these files.

Please click below links to download 4.1 firmware for ATV1200. tks!

http://mygica.com/download/update_MYGIC ... 131102.img

http://mygica.com/download/update_spi_mx_20130827.img

thank you so much for providing me with these files!

I'm just confused on how to install these two files? What upgrade app are you talking about?

thanks again!

thank you so much for providing me with these files!

I'm just confused on how to install these two files? What upgrade app are you talking about?

thanks again!

Your list of apps should be in alphabetical order

There is an app called "Upgrade" with a blue arrow as the logo.

Open this, and you can install these files manually from an SD Card. You must install the SPI file first, and then the firmware file afterwards.

can u post the files separately . i cannot open img files

You do not need to open the img files

Just put them onto the root of the sd card. Do not put them into a sub folder.

Just follow the instructions in my post within this thread explaining it step by step.