Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baroknolia

MyGica 582 Andriod Lollipop

Hi,

I would like to know when an update will be released for the MyGica ATV582 - Lollipop android release. 5.+ Kodi 17 requires this update to run optimally so it's fairly urgent. I've tried to install 1900 version and it caused the WiFi and Ethernet to fail - It does not want to switch on..... so I have reverted back to the original installation with kit kat.

Please advise ASAP.

17 hours ago, Baroknolia said:

Hi,

I would like to know when an update will be released for the MyGica ATV582 - Lollipop android release. 5.+ Kodi 17 requires this update to run optimally so it's fairly urgent. I've tried to install 1900 version and it caused the WiFi and Ethernet to fail - It does not want to switch on..... so I have reverted back to the original installation with kit kat.

Please advise ASAP.

If you've read the other posts you would have seen the answer......

Read this post under Discussions ......

Upgrading Firmware & Kodi 17 Fork

18 hours ago, Baroknolia said:

Hi,

Please advise ASAP.

This question has been answered by me on multiple other threads in our forum already.

We currently do not have Android 5.1 available for the 582, and not sure if we will.  The 1900 FW you tried is not meant for the 582, that is why it's not working properly for you.
We have created our own version of KODI 17 to work on the 582 though so users will be able to use the newer version of Kodi.

To add to what Justin was saying,

You will want to re-load your 582 FW which I will list below, then make use of the fork of KODI 17 in order to get what you are trying to do here.

Ok, thank you, for the response and stating the obvious.

I know about the other discussions; so why create a new post you may ask(and go through the trouble to create a post account)? Well because it's unclear about your support and the version of your MyGica Box. Just release an official KB article!

e.g. which box supports which version of Android and which won't be able to upgrade to the latest version/s to run other apps as it should

Then you won't need to respond to each and every post with the same question but stating it slightly different/unclear.

I must be honest that I’m not happy with the fork Kodi version of the MyGica app, and as stated in the previous post’s, “it ‘should’ be available in the MyGica store”. Well it’s not so I need to download and install it manually? Well, you do know not everyone buying this device is technical and know how to do it manually? Just saying...

I’m disappointed in myself for not doing the extra research of MyGica device before purchase...

8 hours ago, Baroknolia said:

Ok, thank you, for the response and stating the obvious.

I know about the other discussions; so why create a new post you may ask(and go through the trouble to create a post account)? Well because it's unclear about your support and the version of your MyGica Box. Just release an official KB article!

e.g. which box supports which version of Android and which won't be able to upgrade to the latest version/s to run other apps as it should

Then you won't need to respond to each and every post with the same question but stating it slightly different/unclear.

I must be honest that I’m not happy with the fork Kodi version of the MyGica app, and as stated in the previous post’s, “it ‘should’ be available in the MyGica store”. Well it’s not so I need to download and install it manually? Well, you do know not everyone buying this device is technical and know how to do it manually? Just saying...

I’m disappointed in myself for not doing the extra research of MyGica device before purchase...

The current fork kodi version was only released the way it is currently for other users who want to try it out before we release it officially
Which will be on the Playstore and I will submit it to the MyGica Store as well.

We plan to send it to the 582/585/380/586/1800 models running Android 4.4 as a firmware update as well.