Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SammiBoo94

Updating kodi 17 and factory files on 582

Hello.

I've had the atv582 box for at least 2 years now. 

I have read a lot of threads on here trying to understand what I am doing. I'm not a tech person. But have handled figuring out how to update every kodi until kodi Krypton  came out.

From my understanding I have to factory  file my atv582 box. I have downloaded the update on a micro usb  8gb. I attempted to start the process holding reset button and plug in box. After placing card in box.

Now my box will not even connect to a tv. When it is plugged in via HDMI.  Or the av  cables. I have tried 3 different tv's and 3 different sets of cords.

I'm attempting to figure this out myself but it is frustrating when it now will not connect to a tv screen to see what I am doing.

Some help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you! :)

On 4/14/2017 at 7:35 PM, SammiBoo94 said:

Hello.

I've had the atv582 box for at least 2 years now. 

I have read a lot of threads on here trying to understand what I am doing. I'm not a tech person. But have handled figuring out how to update every kodi until kodi Krypton  came out.

From my understanding I have to factory  file my atv582 box. I have downloaded the update on a micro usb  8gb. I attempted to start the process holding reset button and plug in box. After placing card in box.

Now my box will not even connect to a tv. When it is plugged in via HDMI.  Or the av  cables. I have tried 3 different tv's and 3 different sets of cords.

I'm attempting to figure this out myself but it is frustrating when it now will not connect to a tv screen to see what I am doing.

Some help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you! :)

Can you please share with me where you got these files from?

Just now, SammiBoo94 said:

From the post on here that said factory files   it has a video on how to do it.

We have a lot of files posted on our site

Do you have a link to the one you used?

This file OS 4.4.2, which is made for ATV582. If you have no picture on the Tv that means box bricked. you can try to process these steps to see if you can revive it.

1. Format your MicroSD card with FAT32

2. Redownload the files and unzip 

3. Load it on the root of your MicroSD card

4. place the MicroSD card to your box SD slot, 

5. Turn the box upside down and hold down the reset with a pin, and hook up the power see if the lights in front are going blue and red. 

(( if the light are flickering between blue and red your box is good ))  if not then your box died. 

please update us then.

FAT32 is the older of the two drive formats. FAT32 is the most common version of the FAT (File Allocation Table) file system created back in 1977 by Microsoft. It eventually found its way on the IBM PC's PC-DOS in 1981, and carried over to MS-DOS when that became a standalone product.