Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NigelMoodz

Reinstalling Kitkat 4.4 Build 20160720 onto 582 device

Reinstalling Kitkat 4.4 Build 20160720 onto 582 device

Good day 

I wanted to know if you could please assist me regarding applying the Kitkat 4.4 build 20160720 back onto my 582 device.

I saw on Youtube that the 582 device could be updated to lollipop 5.0 using the ATV1900 AC firmware (MyGica-ATV1900AC_20160229). Reason i did this uppdate was to get the new Kodi 17.1.

I have updated my 582 with the 5.0 Lollipop and after doing so i could not connect using wifi as I am not able to turn wifi on.

I  downloaded the Kitkat 4.4 build (update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160720) & copied it onto a reformatted micro SD card which is Fat 32.

I connected the SD card to the 582 box & performed a wipe data/factory reset but when doing so i noticed it advising that it mentions the below also showing a pic of the android man lying down as if he is dead with an ! sign. (Picture attached)

"E: failed to mount / sdcard (No such file or directory)" 

"E: Cannot load volume / misc!"

Also when trying to apply the update from EXT it states "failed to mount / sdcard (No such file or directory)" also not picking up the update.

I also tried updating from the software using the upgrade tab & when doing so i get the same failed to mount reply.

Is there anyway you can advise me on how to get my 582 ATV box back onto Kitkat 4.4?

thanks.

Regards 

Nigel.

20170415_170407.jpg

please do not upgrade your ATV582 to OS 5.1 since it is not fully working,  

use this page to keep your unit on OS 4.4.2 and 

Then update your Kodi to MMC17 which is Kodi 17 but MyGica version

1 hour ago, NigelMoodz said:

Hi there

Thank you,

i will try reinstall the software.

Is there perhaps any chance that there will be an OS upgrade available  for the 582?

There is no OS upgrade for the 582 available at this time