Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

docs-160i

1900AC firmware on atv582

Hi

Would this work, see link below, I'm thinking no because Mygica would have released it here if it worked without any issues.
Saw other comments on this forum from cobusjvr1 stating he upgraded the 582 to lollipop, not sure if he used the same  method.

http://forum.droidpimps.com/showthread.php?275-MyGica-ATV582-Upgrade-Firmware-from-Android-4-4-to-Android-5-1-Lollipop

Tnx

On 4/21/2017 at 2:37 AM, docs-160i said:

Hi

Would this work, see link below, I'm thinking no because Mygica would have released it here if it worked without any issues.
Saw other comments on this forum from cobusjvr1 stating he upgraded the 582 to lollipop, not sure if he used the same  method.

http://forum.droidpimps.com/showthread.php?275-MyGica-ATV582-Upgrade-Firmware-from-Android-4-4-to-Android-5-1-Lollipop

Tnx

These files will install onto an ATV 582

However the box does not function properly with them, the box will run very very slow.

I've upgraded my ATV582 device to Lollipop with the 1900AC's firmware. It looks amazing and much more user friendly than the ATV 582 KitKat firmware but it is extremely slow. I would not recommend upgrading to Lollipop on this device, it does not have enough juice to run Lollipop.

@Justin: You seem to be part of MyGica? Is there any way that MyGica can do one last update on KitKat for this device (specifically to support Kodi 17+), this would be awesome and blow one last breath into the lifetime of this device. Thanks!

On 8/28/2017 at 3:33 AM, Othalis said:

I've upgraded my ATV582 device to Lollipop with the 1900AC's firmware. It looks amazing and much more user friendly than the ATV 582 KitKat firmware but it is extremely slow. I would not recommend upgrading to Lollipop on this device, it does not have enough juice to run Lollipop.

@Justin: You seem to be part of MyGica? Is there any way that MyGica can do one last update on KitKat for this device (specifically to support Kodi 17+), this would be awesome and blow one last breath into the lifetime of this device. Thanks!

Team Kodi makes the app, they made it only work on Android 5+

We cannot modify Android 4.4 to just work with the official version of Kodi 17+ it is just not possible.   However there are a ton of Kodi  17 forks that will  run on Android 4.4. 

Android 5.1 is a resource hog, that is why it runs slow on the 582. We even changed the cores to on demand to try and help. 

May i know what file version of 1900ac you installed onto your 582?