Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jscheeren

Replace 5v a/c jack on 582

G'Day,

I have 3 582's and the power jack on one of them has gone from being flaky (i.e. powering on and off based on just slight movements of cable) to now barely being able to power up and only if cable is held in a certain precarious position. The behaviour is the same no matter which of my power supplies I try. I have been told that this may be a common problem with this model and that it is the female jack on the board. Is there anybody who knows where or how to get a new jack and can it be soldered onto the board?

Thanks,

JanĀ 

On 4/27/2017 at 5:15 PM, jscheeren said:

G'Day,

I have 3 582's and the power jack on one of them has gone from being flaky (i.e. powering on and off based on just slight movements of cable) to now barely being able to power up and only if cable is held in a certain precarious position. The behaviour is the same no matter which of my power supplies I try. I have been told that this may be a common problem with this model and that it is the female jack on the board. Is there anybody who knows where or how to get a new jack and can it be soldered onto the board?

Thanks,

JanĀ 

If you know how to solder, it would be easier to just re-solder the existing jack.