Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webman

585 heading for the garbage bin

First off I want to thank Justin for his hard work and doing his best to try and make the TV 585 as usable as possible. However, I am very disappointed with the product. Bear in mind I am a 20-year I.T. veteran.

My box is less than a year old. There are no OS updates for it and natively Kodi 16.1 is the last supported version by KitKat 4.4. Of course there are less and less streams with Kodi 16.1 and issues with watching shows and movies. Also, some plugins won't update being on Kodi 16.1.

From what I can see, the TV585 won't support Marshmallow because the TV585 only has 1GB of ram. Even if we got the firmware update and Marshmallow update, I doubt it would be usable with the limitations of hardware of the box itself.

I installed the Kodi 17 fork. Needless to say, it is very slow to react just moving around in Kodi. Doing a search and getting results has a 60% success rate. Most of the time the circle goes for a few minutes and returns back to the main screen. Once you are lucky enough to find a stream (if you haven't given up from frustration) the stream is laggy, the audio is terrible, and I feel like I'm watching a movie on my Pentium 100mhz from a CD back in 1996.

I did a factory reset of the box and re-installed the MyGica Media center just to be sure and ended up with the same result. I religiously clear the cache in the box and also through Indigo and Exodus. Unfortunately it sped things up for a few minutes but after streaming a show for 20mins your box slower than a turtle walking uphill.

I'm not writing this to complain. It's my fault for buying the box for $119.95 at the store not knowing the details and doing research. I hope others will read this and realize that the TV585 had it's time and you have to let it go and get a new box. I purchased a new box with a quad core, 2GB of ram and Android 6.0 running on it. Needless to say Kodi 17.1 runs flawless and the quality is magnificent. I won't be buying another MyGica product because of the fact a large retailer like Showcase should not be selling outdated boxes for $119.95. My new box was only $95.00.

On 4/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, webman said:

First off I want to thank Justin for his hard work and doing his best to try and make the TV 585 as usable as possible. However, I am very disappointed with the product. Bear in mind I am a 20-year I.T. veteran.

My box is less than a year old. There are no OS updates for it and natively Kodi 16.1 is the last supported version by KitKat 4.4. Of course there are less and less streams with Kodi 16.1 and issues with watching shows and movies. Also, some plugins won't update being on Kodi 16.1.

From what I can see, the TV585 won't support Marshmallow because the TV585 only has 1GB of ram. Even if we got the firmware update and Marshmallow update, I doubt it would be usable with the limitations of hardware of the box itself.

I installed the Kodi 17 fork. Needless to say, it is very slow to react just moving around in Kodi. Doing a search and getting results has a 60% success rate. Most of the time the circle goes for a few minutes and returns back to the main screen. Once you are lucky enough to find a stream (if you haven't given up from frustration) the stream is laggy, the audio is terrible, and I feel like I'm watching a movie on my Pentium 100mhz from a CD back in 1996.

I did a factory reset of the box and re-installed the MyGica Media center just to be sure and ended up with the same result. I religiously clear the cache in the box and also through Indigo and Exodus. Unfortunately it sped things up for a few minutes but after streaming a show for 20mins your box slower than a turtle walking uphill.

I'm not writing this to complain. It's my fault for buying the box for $119.95 at the store not knowing the details and doing research. I hope others will read this and realize that the TV585 had it's time and you have to let it go and get a new box. I purchased a new box with a quad core, 2GB of ram and Android 6.0 running on it. Needless to say Kodi 17.1 runs flawless and the quality is magnificent. I won't be buying another MyGica product because of the fact a large retailer like Showcase should not be selling outdated boxes for $119.95. My new box was only $95.00.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry that you feel this way after using our products.

We will use this feedback to avoid issues like this from happening in the future.