Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mommer

How can I download onto external hard drive

I need advise / instructions ( for dummies)....I'm 53 and NOT tech savvy 😀. I have just bought a MyGica Quad Core Enjoy TV Box model ATV585. I want to use my 1terrabyte external hard drive to download games and movies via MyGica. Is there a way to make the ext hd the prime download option, and how do I do it....in simple instructions, please?  

I noted that in Settings, the green wheeled More Setting option, Storage and Reset are separate. If I click on Storage, the ext hd is shown with options to unmount or erase, but nothing to instruct it to be used for downloads.  Reset only gives the option of erasing all data on devise back to factory settings. Anyone able to help?

On 4/28/2017 at 7:47 AM, Mommer said:

I need advise / instructions ( for dummies)....I'm 53 and NOT tech savvy 😀. I have just bought a MyGica Quad Core Enjoy TV Box model ATV585. I want to use my 1terrabyte external hard drive to download games and movies via MyGica. Is there a way to make the ext hd the prime download option, and how do I do it....in simple instructions, please?  

I noted that in Settings, the green wheeled More Setting option, Storage and Reset are separate. If I click on Storage, the ext hd is shown with options to unmount or erase, but nothing to instruct it to be used for downloads.  Reset only gives the option of erasing all data on devise back to factory settings. Anyone able to help?

The version of Android that comes with the 585 does not allow external hard drives to become the internal storage.

So what you are trying to do with your 585 is not possible.

You can only access files that are already on the hard drive

On 5/1/2017 at 9:29 PM, Justin said:

The version of Android that comes with the 585 does not allow external hard drives to become the internal storage.

So what you are trying to do with your 585 is not possible.

You can only access files that are already on the hard drive

How about ATV495x?