Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NO1UNO

KR40 Remote - Unresponsive & LED constantly On

My 582 came with the KR40 remote which has been a weak link since new. The "joystick" button surrounding the OK button has stuck or given incorrect directions since I got it but today the whole thing just froze. I changed the battery twice but still no joy. The red LED light comes on as soon as a battery is inserted and remains on; it does not flash or change when any buttons are pushed.  Seems like a short somewhere. Have tried re-pairing the remote but again, no luck.

Any suggestions or is it time for new remote?

PS: All my other devices/phones are Apple so I tried  the Android TV app from Google which is supposed to give me iPhone control over an Android device but it would not recognize the 582.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:36 PM, NO1UNO said:

My 582 came with the KR40 remote which has been a weak link since new. The "joystick" button surrounding the OK button has stuck or given incorrect directions since I got it but today the whole thing just froze. I changed the battery twice but still no joy. The red LED light comes on as soon as a battery is inserted and remains on; it does not flash or change when any buttons are pushed.  Seems like a short somewhere. Have tried re-pairing the remote but again, no luck.

Any suggestions or is it time for new remote?

PS: All my other devices/phones are Apple so I tried  the Android TV app from Google which is supposed to give me iPhone control over an Android device but it would not recognize the 582.

Have you tried to re-pair the remote?

Our Wiki page will explain this

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=Kr40

KR 41 remote unresponsive

I recently purchased a 582 and my remote has stopped functioning. It can only turn the box on and off, other than that it does not work. I have tried repairing the remote following you instructions on the Wiki page but it still does not work

Please advise

19 hours ago, Soni said:

KR 41 remote unresponsive

I recently purchased a 582 and my remote has stopped functioning. It can only turn the box on and off, other than that it does not work. I have tried repairing the remote following you instructions on the Wiki page but it still does not work

Please advise

Have you tried both USB ports when trying to re-pair the remote?

If the remote can turn the box on/off, then you should be able to pair it without issues.

5 hours ago, Justin said:

Have you tried both USB ports when trying to re-pair the remote?

If the remote can turn the box on/off, then you should be able to pair it without issues.

Yes I've tried both ports several times.

It still won't work. Should I return it?

Just now, Soni said:

Yes I've tried both ports several times.

It still won't work. Should I return it?

If you are able to return or exchange it, then yes.