Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hfvdy95

ATV 585 Unroot

ATV 585 Unroot

So I recently started using Mygica ATV585 TV box. It is currently running Android 4.4. some of my apps do not work because the device is rooted. is it possible to unroot it?

On 6/7/2017 at 4:25 PM, hfvdy95 said:

ATV 585 Unroot

So I recently started using Mygica ATV585 TV box. It is currently running Android 4.4. some of my apps do not work because the device is rooted. is it possible to unroot it?

You have to install an UnRoot patch

Which can be found here
https://mega.nz/#!jp9i0CJB!p-crxaLQTSwbuVx-sYxXwoJwkbRESxAiX19qEHs4_xw

You can transfer the file onto a USB drive or SD card, then insert it into your box and use the UPGRADE app that is pre installed on your box to install it.

Hi

I'm having the same issue with apps that don't like the device being rooted.

I am installing the linked update now and it has been stuck on the update screen for about 10 minutes, should I be worried?

Thanks

ATV 585

FWIW I pulled the plug and rebooted the box.

It does appear to be rooted as I can now run DSTV Now, unfortunately I can no longer run the quickboot app though.

Are there any other drawbacks to being rooted I should know about?

Thanks

On 7/8/2017 at 7:34 AM, pmassie said:

FWIW I pulled the plug and rebooted the box.

It does appear to be rooted as I can now run DSTV Now, unfortunately I can no longer run the quickboot app though.

Are there any other drawbacks to being rooted I should know about?

Thanks

Rooted access to the box is more for advanced users.
If your not sure how root access will benefit you, then I highly suggest not rooting your box.

One of the biggest drawbacks of the box being rooted, is a lot of streaming apps block access because of the device being rooted.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, Justin said:

You have to install an UnRoot patch

Which can be found here
https://mega.nz/#!jp9i0CJB!p-crxaLQTSwbuVx-sYxXwoJwkbRESxAiX19qEHs4_xw

You can transfer the file onto a USB drive or SD card, then insert it into your box and use the UPGRADE app that is pre installed on your box to install it.

All of these unroot patches that are shared on the forums are no longer available.  I have an ATV585 that needs to be unrooted.  please help