Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neels

Showmax

On 7/23/2017 at 7:56 AM, Neels said:

Showmax

Can't get showmax to run on my ATV495X, please help

We need more info then what you posted.

What issue are you having exactly?

Are you getting any pop up messages?

Showmax is a South African streaming service - www.showmax.com

Neels i take it you are trying it via the Android App? (Sorry don't have showmax myself so unable to test myself)

I have the same problem on my 495x, using the showmax app on the latest auto update. When I try to play any episodes it just seems to buffer indefinitely. I hope this helps

May I know what firmware version you are running?

You can find this within More Settings and About Device

On 8/1/2017 at 1:45 PM, yodaslay3r said:

Hi Justin, 

It is currently running on Kernel 3.14.29 with build number 1.40

My team gave me V1.50 which fixes this issue, it just hasn't been released yet on our OTA Update server
I pasted the link to download below.

MyGicaS905X V1.50

On 8/6/2017 at 9:52 AM, yodaslay3r said:

Hi Justin, 

I just installed 1.50 but the problem unfortunately still persists

Hi

Yes sorry they emailed me over the weekend and realized the issue you brought up was a new one
So they are solving it now and will send a server update to fix it once it is ready.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:16 PM, Justin said:

Hi

Yes sorry they emailed me over the weekend and realized the issue you brought up was a new one
So they are solving it now and will send a server update to fix it once it is ready.

Hi Justin,

Any update so far on this?

I bought the mygica 495x yesterday and having the same problem but with showmax, Netflix works fine. Showmax is just buffering (blue spinning circle) I've read on forums I need to clear cache and set it to unroot but that was for other devices not sure how to do it on the 495x. 

It's been updated, we've reset the box, it is running V1.20. I can't find patches for 495x. any assistance is appreciated. 

We are releasing a patch file firmware update to fix this issue soon

I will check tonight to see when this will happen and post back. 

Actually there is a fix for this already

Please try a manual update in the upgrade app to take the update. 

If that doesnt work, then you have to clear the app data of the Upgrade app and try again.

You can do this by going into More Settings of Android + Apps and finding the Upgrade App.

You can clear the app data this way.

Once done, try again.

Hello , sorry to post on this thread ,  i have 2 new 495pro , the problem is that the Foxplay App detect the 495pro as rooted and do not play the content , it's running firmaware V1.30.

Netflix and HBO GO works fine.

I apreciate any help.

Hi 

Showmax problem:
 I have been able to download and stream content for the last year or so. Currently I am unable to access the content. This problem has occured in the last day or so. Once I have searched a series or movies and select it, I get a full screen still image of the selected movie/ series but cannot go any further. I am able to stream content from Netflix currently but not Showmax. I have a Mygica ATV582 andriod tv box. Current andriod version is 4.4.2 and the Showmaxversion is 27.7.2d3bfe4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Showmax app and restarted the tvbox, but the problem persists. (The showmax app works on my IPhone though)

Can someone please assist?

On 9/7/2017 at 11:11 PM, Justin said:

If that doesnt work, then you have to clear the app data of the Upgrade app and try again.

You can do this by going into More Settings of Android + Apps and finding the Upgrade App.

Once done, try again.

Hello Justin I am having the same problems with streaming Showmax on Mygica ATV495X Android box version 6.0.1 Mygica S905X  V2.01. When i click on a movie it gives me an error message Oops your device does not support the required DRM (Widevine Modular) (AND1204) I contacted Showmax and they informed me that I will not be able to steam Showmax on the device unless i have Widevine Classic? Showmax updated their security for illegal streaming. So my device is now useless when it comes to Showmax. It would have been nice to know before i purchased the box. 

Sorry i should have mentioned that i am not an illegal streamer. I pay a monthly subscription so why their security update should affect their paying clients is beyond me. 

Mygica device can't play showmax error message: your device does not support the required DF.... Its unclear can't read rest. Please advise

On 9/7/2017 at 11:11 PM, Justin said:

Once done, try again.

Hello Justin 

the proposed action does not solve the problem. I clear data in Upgrade app but still when I start the Manual Update Now the device says Did not find the new version 

Regards

Goodday I brought mygica atv495x tv box and from day one I have struggled to watch showmax movies and series on it. It keeps giving me a AND1204 error code. I have update my showmax and device 

The tv box is updates to version 6.0.1 I am not sure if this is the newest version because when I press Manual update now it says connect server fail 

I would like to hear back from u guys 

Thank you 

Hi i have MG 495X cant play showmax gives erro Your devices does not support the required DRM [Widevine Modular] [AND1204]

Thanks Allan

Hallo, I have an old myGiga 495X and I just installed the upgrade to 7.1.2

But I see that showmax is not included anymore.  I installed the Showmax from the app store, but it does not seem to work very well.  Browsing and interfacing with it is difficult.

Previously I got a custom apk for showmax for MyGiga (for OS v 6.0.1 I think)

Is there a custom showmax apk for 7.1.2?

Thanks

Andre