Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stefan90

DSTV Now App

DSTV Now App

Hi, 

I have purchased the Mygica 495 Pro,  Does anyone know how to make the DSTV Now app work.  From the google play store it shows unsupported.  I even tried installing the APK manually.  Any suggestions would be helpfull, thank you.

1 hour ago, Stefan90 said:

DSTV Now App

Hi, 

I have purchased the Mygica 495 Pro,  Does anyone know how to make the DSTV Now app work.  From the google play store it shows unsupported.  I even tried installing the APK manually.  Any suggestions would be helpfull, thank you.

I cannot find this app on my Android phone in the Playstore
Do you have a link for it?

I have the same problem. The dstv app used to work but since it was updated to 1.40.5 it says device not compatible. Luckily i still had the previous version which still works. So download 1.40.1 until they fix it. Hopefully 

In regards to everyone's DSTV Issues

Since our main set of Moderators are based in Canada & USA, including myself. we do not use DSTV. I found out this is mainly used in South Africa.

I have asked for a new moderator to help support this since they are familiar with DSTV
They will be joining our forum later this week and will start to respond and assist all of you that are having issues using DSTV on MyGica boxes.

Thanks

Justin

Same issue,

Ver 1.3 and DSTV NOW app is not available to download or "Your device is not compatible with this version"

Hope there is a solution..

Same issue,

1) Cannot find DSTV NOW app in Google play, probably because my device is not "supported". If someone has an install file for a previous dstv build then please share!!!

2) I also need help to hide my root... installed hide my root but it says it can't find my SUbinary. This method worked on my old tv box.

Please help ladies and gents✌

I had the old version of dstv 1.40.1 that was still working on my mygica 1900pro box. It was working up until last night. Today however it says that there is error playing any videos and I must make sure my device is registered. I just bought this expensive box especially for dstv now and kodi.  How can I fix this problem. Is there any solution yet? 

Hi All, is there a solution to this yet? Recently bought a ATV1900 Pro and am having the exact same issues with the DSTV Now App being not compatible. DSTV support can't answer why it isn't working.

Dear CKEsterhuyse

You may or not know, we do not provide third party applications, we do however en-devour to make them work with our systems, it you have not received an immediate response, it is likely that the engineers have noticed your post and do not have a solution..  I would suggest that you look at android versions for you particular system and read the change log etc. or visit your local retailer.

Thank You

On 10/21/2017 at 2:30 AM, admin said:

Dear CKEsterhuyse

You may or not know, we do not provide third party applications, we do however en-devour to make them work with our systems, it you have not received an immediate response, it is likely that the engineers have noticed your post and do not have a solution..  I would suggest that you look at android versions for you particular system and read the change log etc. or visit your local retailer.

Thank You

Dear Admin

Your boxes are being advertised and sold in South Africa as a box that will play DSTV Now.  Many people have only had these boxes for a few weeks. Either the boxes need to be fixed or refunds need to be issued.

image.thumb.png.d1cb1ed18282da8f1c167235ea89063f.png

On 20/10/2017 at 5:49 PM, CKEsterhuyse said:

As normal. After sales service with Mygica is non existent. 

I still stand by what i said. Almost a month has passed without this issue being addressed. Case closed. 

3 hours ago, CKEsterhuyse said:

I still stand by what i said. Almost a month has passed without this issue being addressed. Case closed. 

Did you try the app Simsoft uploaded for you?

It seems this problem keeps going on and on with no assistance from DSTV either. I am also still using version 1.40.4 on my ATV1900 Pro and it works. It shows there is an update available every time you start the app but I normally select "Later". The site which SWF has referred to also has a version 1.40.18.  Has anybody tried to load this version to see if it works?

https://apkplz.com/android-apps/dstv-now-apk-download

Please let us know when someone get this problem sorted out.

On 12/10/2017 at 12:10 PM, Hennie Naude said:

Has any one got the app to work.

I downloaded the older version but it keeps saying divice rooted.I downloaded hide my root but still says device rooted.

Did you try the version that Simsoft posted a link to a few posts up ↑    ?