Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greenblooded

Can't download add-ons (Connection error, even though I am connected)

Can somebody please help, and I'm not a super "techie" kind of guy.

I just bought a MyGica ATV 1900 Android box and it suggested that I update from Kodi 16.1 to Kodi 17.4.  This seemed logical, because  I tried using Kodi 16.1 to load various video add-ons (like Exodus and Sportsdevil), but I kept getting the error message, "Unable to Connect: Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?" Even though my device IS connected to the Internet, I thought this might be an issue with the older version of Kodi, so I updated to 17.4.

However, I get the same error message with Kodi 17.4.  The thing is, my android box IS connected to wi-fi.  What do I need to do to get this working? Thanks!  

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Exodus is no longer being supported and is now being re-branded as Covenant.  Is this true?

Thanks for your patience and your assistance.

On 10/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, Greenblooded said:

Can somebody please help, and I'm not a super "techie" kind of guy.

I just bought a MyGica ATV 1900 Android box and it suggested that I update from Kodi 16.1 to Kodi 17.4.  This seemed logical, because  I tried using Kodi 16.1 to load various video add-ons (like Exodus and Sportsdevil), but I kept getting the error message, "Unable to Connect: Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?" Even though my device IS connected to the Internet, I thought this might be an issue with the older version of Kodi, so I updated to 17.4.

However, I get the same error message with Kodi 17.4.  The thing is, my android box IS connected to wi-fi.  What do I need to do to get this working? Thanks!  

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Exodus is no longer being supported and is now being re-branded as Covenant.  Is this true?

Thanks for your patience and your assistance.

The MyGica ATV 1900 PRO is MyGica's most powerful with great processor. It is for all the power hungry people.

From my view point you need to reinstall KODi.

Step 1: Go into your Android TV Settings menu and then select Apps.
Step 2: Go to the Downloaded apps then select Kodi.
Step 3: Select uninstall.
Step 4: Select Ok.

Yes, Exodus has been replaced with Covenant, even more that Covenant used to be installed with Colossus but now the URL for colossus is down, therefore Covenant can be installed with kdil repository. Here for your help https://www.kodivpn.co/covenant-kodi-addon-download/ you can setup covenant easily. 

If you are not satisfied with the above method you can choose an alternate method for it. You no need to go anywhere to find the alternate method we are giving the simple solution from the below lines. So use them. for info: http://topkodiaddons.com/https-tvad-me-pair/

1. In the beginning step, you have to do is open your kodi
  2. Then go to Video add-ons there click on exodus
  3. From exodus select settings option
  4. Now the new window will open
  5. In the left column, you can see playback option
  6. Select the playback option
  7. Now Hosters with captchas appears to you
  8. You should turn it off and press on Ok