Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scotie

A TV 495 Pro freezing.

12 minutes ago, TjaartS said:

Jacques --- it does the same with mine and another friend of mine. I tried different HDMI cable and HDMI ports - nothing working

I have also tried everything. While loading I can still access the settings for about 10sec. To short to try and do a hard reset. I don't know what else to do?

I just did a hard reset, I'm using my ethernet cable as connection. Unplugged,  did the hard reset and plugged in again. I'm currently busy setting it up again. Will update if it works properly. 

I got mine back up again. Switch of internet or unplug. Do hard reset in settings menu under storage and reset. Plug in internet. It will start erasing and reload factory settings. Plug out power once done. After restart you will be able to set everything up again. 

2 hours ago, Jacques Matthee said:

Plug out powersource and in again. Should run after that. Mine is working 100% now.

I have tried this a few times, still freezing at the recommendation screen. 

See other threads today on the support page. 

In short...factory hard reset without internet. Connect internet for setup and then disable auto updates for Chromecast and uninstall previous updates of it. Seems that a Chromecast update caused havoc today

Hi.

I have a MyGica495Max and experiencing the same problem. System freezes as soon as internet is connected. Remote and cables working fine.

Has anybody got their unit going again?

Arnold.

7 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Hi.

I have a MyGica495Max and experiencing the same problem. System freezes as soon as internet is connected. Remote and cables working fine.

Has anybody got their unit going again?

Arnold.

Got mine going again. Followed advice from Morne Geyser above. Uninstalled Chromecast updates. Thanks !

36 minutes ago, Morne Geyser said:

See other threads today on the support page. 

In short...factory hard reset without internet. Connect internet for setup and then disable auto updates for Chromecast and uninstall previous updates of it. Seems that a Chromecast update caused havoc today

It worked for me. Thanks.