Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arturojgt

problem detecting PAL on RCA composite

problem detecting PAL on RCA composite

Hi to everyone.

Im having problem detecting a PAL (I don't know if this signal is PAL N or B) signal on the RCA composite input, yellow led alway blink.

The capturer work fine detecting NTSC on the same input, hdmi, etc.

Can anyone help me?

Hi sir,

The product you are using is HD Cap X?

Please send more detailed information and picture of your problem to claire.chen@geniatech.com and we will reply you as soon as we get the message you send.

Hola Arturo ... soy de Argentina... supongo que vos también.

Tuve el mismo problema, ya que quise digitalizar VHS PAL 'N' y la capturadora (al igual que el 99% de las que conozco, solo captura PAL 'B'. Supongo que verás los videos en blanco y negro... si es así deberías conseguir un aparato llamado TRANSCODER para normalizar la señal. 

Avisame si es así (o no). 

Atte.

In Argentina, we use PAL 'N',  we need a transcoder for adapting it to PAL 'B' to capture correctly.

Hola mrrbaires.

la verdad es que desistí en capturar esa señal, mucho lío conseguir el transcoder (tenía uno y lo tiré porque no necesitaba). 

Usa un penseive usb 3.0, eso soluciona cualquier problema de corte de captura. Anda muy bien todo salvo por el pal N.

Could you please tell us your problem in English because we can not quite understand? 

1 minute ago, zxl said:

Could you please tell us your problem in English because we can not quite understand? 

Hi, I still the same issue recording a Pal N signal, the Magyca didn't detect the video signal, the orange led keeps blinking all the time. I gave up.

How do you connect your devices? Could you please send us a photo here or by email? My email address is angela.xu@geniatech.com

Hi everybody: (sorry for my english) : I'll try to translate the previous conversations, angela.xu

I bougth HD Cap X  for digitalizing my VHS tapes. I´m not very happy with the results....

In Argentina, we use PAL 'N',  we need a transcoder box for adapting it to PAL 'B' to capture correctly. 

i' had the same problem as arturojgt,  when the source tape is PAL 'N' norm , the video captured by HD Cap X,  is in black & white. For fixing it , I use a transcoder and the signal is ok (in color).

I hope have been understood.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, arturojgt said:

Hola mrrbaires.

la verdad es que desistí en capturar esa señal, mucho lío conseguir el transcoder (tenía uno y lo tiré porque no necesitaba). 

Usa un penseive usb 3.0, eso soluciona cualquier problema de corte de captura. Anda muy bien todo salvo por el pal N.

For arturoJGT :

Supongo que quisiste decir ´'Pendrive 3.0".   Capturabas VHS con cables RCA? (CVBS)? 

Nunca se te cortó la grabación  ante un salto (o blanco) de la cinta?  te referis a eso cuando decis que con un Pen Drive 3.0  se soluciona?

Gracias .

Te paso mi dirección para futuros contactos : mrrbaires@hotmail.com

Translate:

I'm asking Arturo if with a PenDrive 3.0 he has good captures from VHS via CVBS  connection. 

I have the issue when I capture in the same way, HD Cap X stops recording with any breaks in the source (or non grabbed tape) video signal , and,  when the device looses track of the picture, (even if they are few seconds).

it stops recording and never restart ther recording and  I have to rewind the tape, and record manually again.... loosing many time.

Can anybody help to fix this issue?

HI, yes I was having problem with 2.0 usb flash drives, the recording process stoped very often and when I was able to successfully finish the recording I can never start a new one without unplugging the capturer from the power source. This issue was fixed changing to a 3.0 flash drive, no more interrupt and severals recording in a row. But I always stop the recording (with the REC button) before unplugging or turning off the video source. My WhatsApp number is +5493644681919 if you want to contact me. 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, mrrbaires said:

For arturoJGT :

Supongo que quisiste decir ´'Pendrive 3.0".   Capturabas VHS con cables RCA? (CVBS)? 

Nunca se te cortó la grabación  ante un salto (o blanco) de la cinta?  te referis a eso cuando decis que con un Pen Drive 3.0  se soluciona?

Gracias .

Translate:

I'm asking Arturo if with a PenDrive 3.0 he has good captures from VHS via CVBS  connection. 

I have the issue when I capture in the same way, HD Cap X stops recording with any breaks in the source (or non grabbed tape) video signal , and,  when the device looses track of the picture, (even if they are few seconds).

it stops recording and never restart ther recording and  I have to rewind the tape, and record manually again.... loosing many time.

Could you please try it again with a 3.0 flash drive as well?

On 5/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, mrrbaires said:

For arturoJGT :

Gracias .

Translate:

How do you connect the VHS tapes with HD CAP X and the receiving device?

On 5/14/2018 at 5:18 AM, zxl said:

Could you please try it again with a 3.0 flash drive as well?

Hi zxl, I have the same problem and to add info in my case, personally I use a Western Digital external HD 2TB with 3.0 (but on TV surely the ports are 2.0 I guess).

But for example when I capture from a digital television decoder with cbvs out and hdmi out:

CVBS captures are black and white with blue vertical lines

HDMI captures are in full colour

It sounds the cbvs are not matching with our PAL N (Argentina), could be correct this with a new firmware upgrade? I read people with the same problem capturing from vhs tapes by cbvs

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback

Please don't  use the HDMI interface and CVBS interfaces at the same time. And I have  reported this question to our R&D team, I will keep you updated. 

10 minutes ago, uuhuan said:

Tuve el mismo problema, ya que quise digitalizar VHS PAL 'N' y la capturadora (al igual que el 99% de las que conozco, solo captura PAL 'B'. Supongo que verás los videos en blanco y negro... si es así deberías conseguir un aparato llamado TRANSCODER para normalizar la señal. 

Our R&D team are working on this issue. We will keep you informed.

Hi guys@Blast@arturojgt@mrrbaires, sorry for keeping you waiting. Please try if this new firmware can solve your problem.

Please download this firmware: https://mega.nz/#!buh0SCrD!-oE-dXgrrHx7ysrU4CdcYNB-TNpqKGqNDvjcehHVnqQ

How to upgrade firmware:

Ø The jedi.img(2) files are copied to the root directory of U disk 

Ø The U disk is inserted into the USB interface of HD Cap X 

Ø Re-plug the power, the system will automatically find the upgrade file to update the firmware

Ø During the upgrade process, Rec LED will flash 3-5 seconds, after the upgrade is complete, the system will automatically restart

Ø The system firmware upgrade is complete U disk jedi.img will automatically delete.

2 hours ago, zxl said:

Hi guys@Blast@arturojgt@mrrbaires, sorry for keeping you waiting. Please try if this new firmware can solve your problem.

Please download this firmware: https://mega.nz/#!buh0SCrD!-oE-dXgrrHx7ysrU4CdcYNB-TNpqKGqNDvjcehHVnqQ

How to upgrade firmware:

Ø The jedi.img(2) files are copied to the root directory of U disk 

Ø The U disk is inserted into the USB interface of HD Cap X 

Ø Re-plug the power, the system will automatically find the upgrade file to update the firmware

Ø During the upgrade process, Rec LED will flash 3-5 seconds, after the upgrade is complete, the system will automatically restart

Ø The system firmware upgrade is complete U disk jedi.img will automatically delete.

Hi, is this firmware the latest from mygica? Did this firmware resolve the “not detecting Pal N “ problem?

14 hours ago, arturojgt said:

Hi, is this firmware the latest from mygica? Did this firmware resolve the “not detecting Pal N “ problem?

Yes, it is exactly for fixing the "Not detecting Pal N" problem. Please try and update to me.

Hello I did this last update of September 5th but even so my Mygica cap X-ii continues to flash the yellow led cvbs only recognizes system ntsc, when we use the Brazilian Pal-M system is not possible to capture, continues with error, there is more update to correct this because I can not capture the vk7 tapes to the computer.

21 hours ago, pedrovidatec said:

Hello I did this last update of September 5th but even so my Mygica cap X-ii continues to flash the yellow led cvbs only recognizes system ntsc, when we use the Brazilian Pal-M system is not possible to capture, continues with error, there is more update to correct this because I can not capture the vk7 tapes to the computer.

I will reply you later after my confirmation.

15 hours ago, pedrovidatec said:

Hello some news for this problem of incompatibility with the color system Pal-m Brazil, we need to use the equipament.

I have reported it to RD, they are dealing with it.