Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sturt

Atv 582 netflix

Atv 582 netflix
Hi. I bought one of these about a year ago. 
Plugged it into my tv and had a little play with it. Just entered wifi password ready to use. Next day would not work. Some time later took it back to shop and tried it on their tv and it worked. Tried it on my tv at home and still did not work. My chrome cast works fine on the tv. Anyway. Now have a different tv it seems to work on. Well every thing i have tried except for the Netflix, which is the main thing i want.  Net flix comes up but keeps telling me i have wrong email or password.  Which i don't as checked on my computer.  I did eventually get it to accept it but as soon as i try to watch something it then wants me to log in again but again can't.  Looking on the internet it seems a lot of people have problems on netflix on their mygica. 
Please how do i fix this. 
Thanks. 
Mike 

The initial problem may be with the HDMI connection to the port on your TV.  There may be manufacturing variances, so make sure you have a good quality HDMI cable (or try a different cable) and that the connection is tight in the TV port (or try a different port).

If everything thing is now working on your new TV, except Netflix, then try uninstalling/reinstalling the Netflix app.  There are other threads in the forum about which version of the Netflix app you should install that is compatible.

Hi.  Thanks.  Original TV only had one home port which works fine on everything else.  Tried several different cables.  Made no difference.  How do you uninstall and install Netflix.? Looked on play store and it does not show Netflix. I had the same on a Chinese phone that did not allow me to find Netflix and had to go to a different site and load an app.  Tried to do the same on mygica  but would not accept it. 

Thanks 

Take a look at this thread (at least someone else you can ask who has Netflix working):

There are a number of Netflix apk builds that you can download from various sites (e.g., apkmirror.com).  Just make sure you get one compatible with your Android version.

To uninstall, you can go to Settings -> Apps and look for "Netflix".  Instead of uninstalling, you can first try Clear Data, then try Uninstall if that doesn't work.

To reinstall, you first have to go to Settings -> Security and enable Unknown Sources before the apk is allowed to be installed.