Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYAN G

Remote freezes on ATV1960

Remote freezes on ATV1960

I've recently purchased a ATV1960 after having two 1900pros which worked great. 

So far dissapointed as the ATV1960 freezes daily and no longer responds to remote control inputs. Have to remove power supply and reconnect for it to work again. The power button still works when it jams, due to the IR signal for this button but no other buttons work.

Happens on several apps, kodi and youtube included. The unit isn't completely frozen during this issue, eg video and audio continues but no remote control inputs work.

The firmware isn't available either so cant try reloading it. 

Need urgent help else will be returning the unit for a refund.

Update: the remote is much more stable but still jams occasionally. Will exchange the device for another. Hoping the problem is isolated to this device

I can confirm since purchase last year, MyGica1960 is freezing daily. Holding on for an update which is not forthcoming.

Pulling power plug sometimes up to 4 times to get going. During some video streaming it freeze also at the same point of the video up to 3 times before passing.

Very bad experience so far

5 hours ago, Herbert N said:

I can confirm since purchase last year, MyGica1960 is freezing daily. Holding on for an update which is not forthcoming.

Pulling power plug sometimes up to 4 times to get going. During some video streaming it freeze also at the same point of the video up to 3 times before passing.

Very bad experience so far

Herbert, is the freezing happening while using programs like kodi?

Hi. Tx for replying. Freeze happens in the middle of a Netflix movie or Youtube stream. Kodi also freeze which i have deleted off the device.

In addition,  the next day switching over to myGiga feed it is already frozen in home. I removed the remote completely, seemed to have improved initially but back to sq1.

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Before suggesting to return this item to amazon, I would suggest making sure it is not the remote. Can you please plug in a mouse from a computer to check if it continues to work properly?

If it doesn;t freeze this way, we will contact the china office who sold this to you and tell them to ship out another remote.

HI there! I've purchased a MyGica ATV1960 last february and everything goes fine, but today, sunday march 18th my KR303 sudenlly stop working! I've tried everything, checked the charge, change from usb port, reconect its dongle and nothing... As a last recurse i've decided to make a factory resent and after it KR303 start working again, but when I've start to reinstall the apps I usually need, after some minutes, KR303 stop work again, just like if something in the update afeter the factory reset blocked it again... I've tried connecting a pc mouse in one of usb ports and works great, but the original remote nothing at all... Any idea? Thanks a lot in advance! 

9 hours ago, obi wan kenobi said:

HI there! I've purchased a MyGica ATV1960 last february and everything goes fine, but today, sunday march 18th my KR303 sudenlly stop working! I've tried everything, checked the charge, change from usb port, reconect its dongle and nothing... As a last recurse i've decided to make a factory resent and after it KR303 start working again, but when I've start to reinstall the apps I usually need, after some minutes, KR303 stop work again, just like if something in the update afeter the factory reset blocked it again... I've tried connecting a pc mouse in one of usb ports and works great, but the original remote nothing at all... Any idea? Thanks a lot in advance! 

Hello Obi Wan,

I assume you purchased this from the overseas amazon seller. We have had some reports of some of those units sent out with remote issues.

Please start a ticket over at mygica.tv/help and we will try to resolve this for you through the seller.

1 hour ago, MyGica Support said:

Hello Obi Wan,

I assume you purchased this from the overseas amazon seller. We have had some reports of some of those units sent out with remote issues.

Please start a ticket over at mygica.tv/help and we will try to resolve this for you through the seller.

Hi again! I've bought this in Buenos Aires, Argentine and never need to do something like this before and sorry for my ignorance about it. Could you explain me exactly what I should do now? I got to cancel my purchase bringing this unit to the shop i selled it?

Thanks in advance for any information about the steps to go.

13 minutes ago, obi wan kenobi said:

Hi again! I've bought this in Buenos Aires, Argentine and never need to do something like this before and sorry for my ignorance about it. Could you explain me exactly what I should do now? I got to cancel my purchase bringing this unit to the shop i selled it?

Thanks in advance for any information about the steps to go.

And another important question about a potential shipping... Here government have several taxes to importations, so how would that be in that case? That payment is for the shop where i bought mygica right? Thanks again! 

5 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hello Obi Wan,

Hello once again.

I've start a ticket there, but they answer me that this model was not lauched there in Canada and  I should ask support from China for get support on this model.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, obi wan kenobi said:

Hello once again.

I've start a ticket there, but they answer me that this model was not lauched there in Canada and  I should ask support from China for get support on this model.

What is your ticket #?

I will look into it for you, and I can respond to you directly via our Ticket System

1 hour ago, obi wan kenobi said:

Hi Justin. My ticket #295321. Thank you for answer!

I responded

I am closing this thread for now
Please refer to the RMA Ticket for more help