Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexsource

How to un-root ATV 495x?

How to un-root ATV 495x?

I've recently bought a 495x for my parents, but HBO Go can't be used because the device seems to be rooted. How do I go around to un-root it?

Cheers.

Hey logovo, that seems to be a root patch, not an un-root patch wich is waht I'm looking for.

On the other hand, maybe my device is not actually rooted from factory and Hbo Go (latin-american version from googleplay,  I live in Argentina) just thinks it is, as I installed a root chequer and it says my 495x is not rooted. Any ideas are apreciated.

Я русский, у меня этот патч полностью исправил все проблемы с ATV 495x, сейчас вывесили обновление, попробуй его  #

5 hours ago, logovo said:

Я русский, у меня этот патч полностью исправил все проблемы с ATV 495x, сейчас вывесили обновление, попробуй его  #

I've tried this new patch, but it doesn't seem to fix my issue. It also turns the ATV 495x to portrait mode :P sometimes. It gets fixed after I turn it off and on again.

Google Translated:

Я пробовал этот новый патч, но он, похоже, не исправил мою проблему. Он также превращает ATV 495x в портретный режим :P иногда. Он фиксируется после того, как я выключу его и снова включи.

On 3/17/2018 at 4:55 PM, Alexsource said:

The newest firmware update from february fixed my root issue with hbo go. Also the box seem to run faster! :)

Are you referring to the Android 7.1 Update?

On 3/24/2018 at 6:16 PM, Alexsource said:

Yes, I am referring to the 7.1 Update :)

Ok thanks for clarifying.

On 4/12/2018 at 3:23 PM, aleksradulovic said:

Hi Justin...Are there two versions of the 495X (495X and 495X HDR) and is the 7.1 update suitable for both?

Sorry for late response

They will work for both

My 495x is new and doesnt want to boot past the android 6.0m logo. And the screen keeps blacking out. Can you help. Iam using the hdmi cable.

Hi....I have a Migica 495x. Apparently it is rooted. Now I cannot watch Showmax.....not supported. My brother has exactly the same.....495x......runs Showmax perfectly.

How do I get mine unrooted? 

Why are some Mygica 495x boxes rooted and some not?