Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Air Play App For Apple IOS 6 and 7 + Android 4.0 and up

Instructions on how to install and use this app.

**Please note this app will only work on the following MyGica Model. ATV 400, ATV 520E and ATV 1200.**

** Also its much better to use a Micro SD or Regular SD card for this, and to make the process faster, to only have the Airplay.apk file on your storage device and no other apps or files**

1. Download this zip file onto your computer and the un compress this onto your Desktop.

2. Transfer the Airplay.apk file to either a External SD or Micro SD card, or a USB External device

3. Safely Remove the external storage device from your computer

4. Connect the External SD or USB device to any of the MyGica models listed above

5. Wait One minute for your External Storage device to load up onto your Android box.

6. Now on the main screen menu, you will see an app listed as App Installer, using your remote, open this app up. A pop up will be displayed, asking you if you want to install apps from Local Media or External Storage Device, you will select External Storage Device. The android apps that are installed on your external storage device will now be displayed.

7. Highlight the AIR PLAY icon and click OK with your remote, a new pop up screen will ask if you would like to Install this app. Highlight the option INSTALL, and click OK with your remote, this app should install within 30-60 seconds.

8. Once installed, this app will give you 2 options, Done and Open. Highlight Open and click OK with the remote

9. Once this app is open, you will have to turn on 2 settings, you will see 4 options listed, first we are going to go to the second option which is "start airplay", highlight this option and click OK with your remote, on the right hand side of the screen you will see a green check marked box, this will indicate that you have turned this option on, now go down with your remote, and repeat the same process for "automatically start".

10. Once you have done this, click the HOME button on your remote, and now you will have to unplug your MyGica Android box, and then plug it back it, upon restarting and taking you back to the Home screen, your MyGica box will now be able to fully work for Air Play with all Apple devices running the IOS 7 operating system, as well as Android devices running Android 4.0 and higher.

11. Please make sure that both your MyGica Android TV Box and your Apple or Android device you are trying to Airplay with, are both connected to the exact same WIFI network.

AirPlay.zip

Mirroring and videos don't seem to work. Music and photos work, it tries to do videos but can't quite do it, and youtube doesn't work at all.

Would updating the device possibly fix this? I have the ATV520E running Android 4.1.2, Build Version V1.03.04MX01_20131108

I saw the post about upgrading to 4.2.2 in the Learning section for the ATV520E, but the title says it's for the ATV 1200, so I didn't try it.

I uninstalled the Airplay app and the box seemed to do Airplay even better with something pre-loaded. It still can't do mirroring, or videos, or youtube, but just wanted to tell people to try air play before bothering with this app, since your device might have something pre-loaded.

I uninstalled the Airplay app and the box seemed to do Airplay even better with something pre-loaded. It still can't do mirroring, or videos, or youtube, but just wanted to tell people to try air play before bothering with this app, since your device might have something pre-loaded.

We are aware that Airplay is having problems.

AMlogic who makes the chipsets for our boxes, is aware of this problem, and are working on fixing it.

Ever since IOS 7 and 7.1 came out, Airplay has been having a lot of issues on non Apple devices. It works great on Apple TV, however other devices such as our Mygica boxes, are having issues working for Airplay with IOS 7 and 7.1 devices.

Screen mirroring only works from Apple to Apple devices, and Ezcast Dongles which are similar to Chromecast.

Thanks Justin, glad to hear they are working on it. I was able to get some apps to help AirPlay. I bought AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) from the Google Play store and it allows mirroring to work for the most part, video playback is jittery, and not compatible with the YouTube app at the moment. Along with that I installed the free app Twonky Beam on my iPhone, and that allowed me to airplay youtube videos (at a reduced quality compared to the youtube app on MyGica). Videos from my photo album were still jittery. The developer for the AirPlay app suggested I try streaming youtube or video from safari, but I didn't try that yet, I'm just going to order a refurbished Apple TV from Apple for now.

Thanks Justin, glad to hear they are working on it. I was able to get some apps to help AirPlay. I bought AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) from the Google Play store and it allows mirroring to work for the most part, video playback is jittery, and not compatible with the YouTube app at the moment. Along with that I installed the free app Twonky Beam on my iPhone, and that allowed me to airplay youtube videos (at a reduced quality compared to the youtube app on MyGica). Videos from my photo album were still jittery. The developer for the AirPlay app suggested I try streaming youtube or video from safari, but I didn't try that yet, I'm just going to order a refurbished Apple TV from Apple for now.

Ok well its good to know some apps work for you and allow you to Airplay.

We hope to have Airplay fixed soon for IOS Devices