Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rrmay

Wifi will not turn on. 1900 Pro

On 4/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, Jacquib said:

My giga1900 will not turn on. Just an orange light on the box and three red lights on the remote. 

Any idea what to do to trouble shoot.

Thanks

You can try these files and steps to try and revive your box

4 hours ago, Pieterjr said:

This is sounding more like a hardware issue then

I would try out the suggestions I made 2 posts above your post first

1 hour ago, Pieterjr said:

Hi Justin

Tried all, with no resolve..

unit will not switch wifi on.

So powerline adapters using Ethernet did not work?

Sorry that was the post I was referring to.

If wifi will not turn on, then it sounds like a hardware issue with the box itself.

I have the same problem, its a disgrace that Mygica hasn't got a fix for this problem. Its another android Box to hit the dust! Come on Mygica

give us the fix!

I tried a factory reset on my A TV 1200 and it worked for a while, however  with suddenly dropped. Next I used my phone as a hotspot and it connected but the connection went out and an out of range message appeared on screen with the phone less than three feet away.

Clearly with is unreliable or prone to interference, so I will be going with wired. I hope to use this as a mini pc with Ubuntu.

My giga1900 will not turn on. Just an orange light on the box and three red lights on the remote. 

Any idea what to do to trouble shoot.

Thanks

To anyone struggling with wifi not switching on or just switches off and wont switch back on again even after a reboot, check out the following. I had the same issue on my atv1960. Opened the unit and found a brown blob of who knows what by the wifi module on the mainboard close to the antenna cables. Made me wonder if this stuff was messing around with the electronics, so I removed this gunk with rubbing alcohol, an eartip and some patience. When removing this gunk be very careful that you dont pop off any small capacitors or resistors as this stuff is hard, but it does slowly dissolve with rubbing and light probing. Since removing the gunk, I have not had a day's issues again.  Makes me wonder why the gunk? 

So I opened my unit and found what looked like something had leaked out over some of the circuits - seems like some kind of glue or rubbery compound, maybe from something that heated up during the operation of the unit. Anyway, I followed the advice of another user on here who seems to have had the same problem and I too cleaned it up using earbuds and methylated spirits, probably similar to rubbing alcohol. It took a while though to get it all cleaned up cause that compound was all over the circuits. Once cleaned up, I tested the unit and that issue with the wifi was resolved. So open up your unit and see if that's your problem too. The screws are under the pads on the underside of the unit - 4 of them. 

Hi,

I am having the same issue as described in the threads above, cannot activate wifi on MyGica 1900 pro. 

It simply will not switch on, no matter how many times I have tried.

I have followed and instituted all the recommendations above to no avail. Yes that includes factory reset.

Very frustrating indeed.

It was working and now it is not. 

Colin

On 5/9/2020 at 8:52 AM, Quintin said:

To anyone struggling with wifi not switching on or just switches off and wont switch back on again even after a reboot, check out the following. I had the same issue on my atv1960. Opened the unit and found a brown blob of who knows what by the wifi module on the mainboard close to the antenna cables. Made me wonder if this stuff was messing around with the electronics, so I removed this gunk with rubbing alcohol, an eartip and some patience. When removing this gunk be very careful that you dont pop off any small capacitors or resistors as this stuff is hard, but it does slowly dissolve with rubbing and light probing. Since removing the gunk, I have not had a day's issues again.  Makes me wonder why the gunk? 

I would have a look inside your 1900Pro..I had similar issues with my USB ports with the gunk, cleaned the gunk and all worked again.  As the quote states perhaps you have similar gunk by the wifi module.

Good luck.. 

Just opened my unit up due to the WiFi not even turning on like others here.  Found the same gunk on the board.  Cleaned it off and it’s working perfectly again.  After closer examination I realized the gunk was tape they used to hold the antenna wire down to the board.  The WiFi adapter melted the tape and shorted out....