Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GerhardHuman

Keeps dropping Wifi signal while all other devices are fine

Keeps dropping Wifi signal while all other devices are fine

Hi, I got the box yesterday and have been struggling to get it to work properly. Plex has no luck.

With Showmax it plays a show/movie for a little while then I get a message saying: "oops... Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection and try again. (AND1009)"

I've tried resetting my modem, router even my DSL port. 

I've just spoken to a technician at Showmax who says I must update my firmware on the android box. 

Is that a good idea? Not sure if anyone else is having this issue?

Thanks

I’m having trouble with this too, both Showmax and DSTV. Our network is fine on other devices but we just seem to have trouble with the 495x. Worked fine in early December when we first got it

On 11/28/2018 at 12:13 AM, Smish said:

Ditto. Can’t get mine to connect. It’s not a very user friendly device for me. 

Swish, 

mate you referring to showmax, or your WiFi signal? 

This forum post is pretty old. Next time please start a new post and give as much detail as possible so I can help you. 

For now, please just respond with any more information you can do I can figure out the best course of action. 

I am struggling to watch anything on Mygica atv495max, it keeps dropping connection even though all other devices are up and running. 

I tried rebooting the unit and disconnecting the HDMI cable from the TV, but the problem persists. Even the picture quality is bad.

Can somebody please assist