Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeliTO

First time use- Frozen on Install: 0/8 screen

Hoping someone can help me out.

Just got the ATV 195X- went through the Quick Start Guide, Setup the network, and now it is frozen on a screen that says "install: 0/8" with a bar. It has been nearly an hour. I unplugged and replugged it- It booted up correctly, got to the Home Screen, clicked around for about 10 seconds until it abruptly went back to that Install screen. Tried again, same thing happened. 

I was really looking forward to this working, as I bought it to replace an older one that died. Any ideas?

MyGica.png

34 minutes ago, SeliTO said:

Hoping someone can help me out.

Just got the ATV 195X- went through the Quick Start Guide, Setup the network, and now it is frozen on a screen that says "install: 0/8" with a bar. It has been nearly an hour. I unplugged and replugged it- It booted up correctly, got to the Home Screen, clicked around for about 10 seconds until it abruptly went back to that Install screen. Tried again, same thing happened. 

I was really looking forward to this working, as I bought it to replace an older one that died. Any ideas?

MyGica.png

Exact same thing happening to me right now. Just bought this about 2 hours ago and stuck at same screen.

Yes, wifi is setup. I put in the password and it said it connected. This is what came after. When I unplug the MyGica and plug it back in, it goes to the Home Screen for about 15 seconds, and then it goes back to this black screen.

Ok, I have asked the more techy guys to look into this, but since it is the weekend they may not respond until tomorrow...

I tried hitting the home button but nothing happedned except for the remote blinking. I unplugged it and will probably take it back for a refund. This is the second issue with it and I haven't even gotten to the main screen yet. Makes me wonder.....

Hi Sherry,

I factory reset a ATV 495 HDR this weekend and hammered on the home button to get through the installs, not sure if it was necessary,  I suspect you may have the double whammy of the ATV 195x having a Bluetooth remote that does not use the USB dongle like the ATV 495 Pro HDR.  The only thing I can suggest is patience, and once installs run through, restart the unit if the remote is not paired.

Please note I am not the tech on here...just the janitor

please hookup a Computer Keyboard to ATV195X or Computer Mouse and press Enter for Keyboard or Left Click for the mouse. it will bypass one app installation and the rest should go through easily. if still, stuck press enters again after a minute.

please update us here.