Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MX1100

Live TV and PVR

Live TV and PVR

I am a new ATV495 Pro user and comfortable with technology.  I purchased the MyGica device to cut the cord.  I have a DTV antenna and a HD Homerun dual tuner.  (All work fine on my PC with NextPVR and the Schedules Direct EPG).  I wanted to repatriate my Laptop for other purposes and go with sometime smaller.

I haven't been able to figure out how to access the Homerun tuner and i can't find the built-in MyGica PVR.  If there is a forum link, my apologies.  Otherwise, I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.  In return I would be happy to create a "How-to" article once I get it going. 

Thanks for the help.

Harvey

Additional info.  I can see several channels in Kodi Live TV, but not all of them.  One option I tried was to set up NextPVR in Kodi, but it was tough slogging and hung several times.  I would rather use the native MyGica apps if possible, but if not, does anyone have experience with using Kodi Live TV and a Kodi PVR (such as NextPVR)?

Thanks. -HG

On 2/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, MX1100 said:

Additional info.  I can see several channels in Kodi Live TV, but not all of them.  One option I tried was to set up NextPVR in Kodi, but it was tough slogging and hung several times.  I would rather use the native MyGica apps if possible, but if not, does anyone have experience with using Kodi Live TV and a Kodi PVR (such as NextPVR)?

Thanks. -HG

Have you tried using the HD Homerun add on for Kodi?
It can be found on the Kodi-Repo

Or have you tried the HD Homerun Android app?

Thank you for the response.  Yes.  I tried the add-on but it consistently hung.  I am going to return the MyGica and continue to use my PC.  It is overkill, but it works smoothly.,