Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew14

Google play store uncertified

Hi 

please can someone assist google play store is uncertified how do we get it certified as Dstv now app is not working 

On 2/18/2018 at 4:22 AM, Andrew14 said:

Hi 

please can someone assist google play store is uncertified how do we get it certified as Dstv now app is not working 

This is an issue with the actual DSTV App

You cannot get the device Google Play Store certified.

It looks like DSTV has updated there app to only work with Certified Google Devices (Phones/Tablets)

I would contact DSTV directly for help.

Same issue here. I don't think this is really a DSTV issue... they have just updated their app to match Google Certified Standards so they have a stable app. This is a MyGica issue for distributing a device which seems like has not been verified by Google Standard. Not sure how DSTV will help you with this?

Anyone have a guide on how to root the mygica device?

4 hours ago, spartanza said:

Same issue here. I don't think this is really a DSTV issue... they have just updated their app to match Google Certified Standards so they have a stable app. This is a MyGica issue for distributing a device which seems like has not been verified by Google Standard. Not sure how DSTV will help you with this?

Anyone have a guide on how to root the mygica device?

You're correct, our devices are not GMS Certfied by Google.
As Google does not certify Android Boxes using the AOSP(Mobile/Tablet) OS

We cannot control how a company decides to distribute their content through their apps
In this case DSTV.  

Also, most MyGica boxes come rooted, which model are you using?

Hi there. I would also please like on advice to how to certify the device to use DSTV NOW app further more as for the reason for device ATV582 was bought for the reason to watch dstv etc. please please please

On 2/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, Justin said:

You're correct, our devices are not GMS Certfied by Google.
As Google does not certify Android Boxes using the AOSP(Mobile/Tablet) OS

We cannot control how a company decides to distribute their content through their apps
In this case DSTV.  

Also, most MyGica boxes come rooted, which model are you using?

Cant the company (Mygica) take it up with google as to all your clients bought this devices that surely should be then in all developments be in good standard? Or how will Mygica resolve this problem to their clients ? Not take a blame to dstv for app now not working due to Device Certification which is from Mygica side that been sold to the consumer. Money well spent on a device that worked before and now going to get application problems due to this fact of google and mygica that aint listed?

On 2/27/2018 at 4:32 PM, Groennie said:

Cant the company (Mygica) take it up with google as to all your clients bought this devices that surely should be then in all developments be in good standard? Or how will Mygica resolve this problem to their clients ? Not take a blame to dstv for app now not working due to Device Certification which is from Mygica side that been sold to the consumer. Money well spent on a device that worked before and now going to get application problems due to this fact of google and mygica that aint listed?

Google will not resolve this
As they do not certify TV boxes using the Mobile/Tablet version of Android.  We have asked them many times before, and always get turned down.

We never advertised that the device was Google Certified, so how is this our fault?

As I said before in my previous post, we're not DSTV.
They choose to make this change on their app, so complain to them about this.

8 hours ago, Jefferymoore said:

You've rooted your phone.
That's why it is showing like this

If you didn't then go to service centre.
If you got this device as it is and replacement is still available then replace it soon.

You can follow this solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/how-to-fix-google-play-store-t3673617

Does this work?

Anybody tried it?

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Does this work?

Anybody tried it?

Thats greek to me. And dont think he knows that this isnt a phone. Anyways. Lets see if someone has a answer for the. Did any tried to fall back on the apk?

Just now, Groennie said:

Thats greek to me. And dont think he knows that this isnt a phone. Anyways. Lets see if someone has a answer for the. Did any tried to fall back on the apk?

It is the same concept as doing it on a Phone

Since MyGica uses the Phone/Tablet version of Android

17 hours ago, Justin said:

It is the same concept as doing it on a Phone

Since MyGica uses the Phone/Tablet version of Android

So then the question is does it work? 

Justin

I believe that you guy's have a good product, I already bought 3 in the last 6 months. 

You guy's didn't make any promises to anybody about Dstv Now, but don't think that it won't have a bad effect on your business if you can't fix it.

Regards

I agree this is a MyGica problem as the manufacturer which is mygica should certify their devices with Google.

Now the consumer is sitting with the problem, most consumers want the ability to use DSTV Now app and others to work locally in South Africa and MyGica is just shifting blame.

Mygica Google Uncertified.PNG

On 6/6/2018 at 12:27 PM, EDEWEE said:

I agree this is a MyGica problem as the manufacturer which is mygica should certify their devices with Google.

Now the consumer is sitting with the problem, most consumers want the ability to use DSTV Now app and others to work locally in South Africa and MyGica is just shifting blame.

Mygica Google Uncertified.PNG

We're not shifting the blame 

How can we certify a device that google themselves won't certify to begin with??

We use the same Android OS that a Phone and Tablet does. The message you're receiving is just confusing because it thinks you're using a Phone/tablet.  

But it is being used as a TV box

If anything blame your seller if they told you the device works for DSTV. 

I work for MyGica in North America, we have zero need for DSTV here and honestly I have never seen a company do this before (DSTV in this case) 

But I do understand your frustrations. 

Seems like the customer is on the loosing side. 

No more referrals from my side, so I guess no one wins....pity 

I agree. Funny enough that mygica said that google dont verify android tv boxes. Funny that telkom has a android tv box being verified. But ja. Im also done referring mygica. Wont help to buy any of there boxes if they aren’t verified. Hello telkom for they’re android tv box. 

20 hours ago, Groennie said:

I agree. Funny enough that mygica said that google dont verify android tv boxes. Funny that telkom has a android tv box being verified. But ja. Im also done referring mygica. Wont help to buy any of there boxes if they aren’t verified. Hello telkom for they’re android tv box. 

I said that Google doesn't certify TV boxes that use the Mobile/Tablet version of Android

They do however certify TV Boxes that are using the official Android TV OS
https://www.android.com/tv/

Many Telcom companies are starting to get certified Android TV OS devices from Google

We also have the ATV 495 MAX which is coming out soon, it is certified by Google using the Android TV OS

On 3/8/2018 at 6:30 PM, Jefferymoore said:

You've rooted your phone.
That's why it is showing like this

If you didn't then go to service centre.
If you got this device as it is and replacement is still available then replace it soon.

You can follow this solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/how-to-fix-google-play-store-t3673617

I can't do that!

Who're tried?