Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WernerGertse

Google Playstore Certified

Google Playstore Certified

Hi there

I have a Mygica ATV585. Since this morning my cable company’s streaming app, dstv app, won’t stream anything and says the device is not playstore certified. Which is odd since it worked perfectly yesterday. If it helps, I updated the app this morning and then it began with this bs. 

Is there a patch for this. I’m from South Africa, btw.

Regards

Werner

979B58AA-F77E-4D5B-8729-B6CF87491AB9.jpeg

Yes only the DSTV app. I also checked in my play store and if I go to the settings menu I cant seem the Certification, did did the same on my android phone and there you can see the certification.

I did a factory reset and got it to work once. Unplugged and walk from my bedroom to the lounge and it did the exact same thing. Haven’t worked again since. Did anybody update the app prior to this happening?

1 hour ago, WernerGertse said:

It’s only the dstv app. Netflix and Showmax works fine.

Expecting Netlflix and Showmax to follow suite, along with almost every other app service provided through the play store.
The issue is the device, not Google. Google have obviously updated their app policies in an effort to standardise app experiences and troubleshooting. Device is not a verified Google device...

6 minutes ago, spartanza said:

Expecting Netlflix and Showmax to follow suite, along with almost every other app service provided through the play store.
The issue is the device, not Google. Google have obviously updated their app policies in an effort to standardise app experiences and troubleshooting. Device is not a verified Google device...

I know it’s the device, that’s why I asked for a patch or something.  MyGica is not on the list of certified devices. And if this is gonna be a trend one might look at chromecast as an alternative. That is if MyGica can’t come up with a solution.

3 hours ago, WernerGertse said:

I know it’s the device, that’s why I asked for a patch or something.  MyGica is not on the list of certified devices. And if this is gonna be a trend one might look at chromecast as an alternative. That is if MyGica can’t come up with a solution.

There is not really a patch for this
Google does not certify Android boxes that use the Mobile/Tablet (AOSP) OS, so it will never get onto the certified device list.

We will try to get this to work, but there are no guarantees

We cannot control how a company decides to distribute their content, in this case DSTV.

Funny thing happened tonight guys. I cleared my app data (and yes, I have done it to the point where I asked for help) and it worked. All available channels are playing. I switched it off for few minutes to see if it’ll still work. And it did. I’ll enjoy it for tonight and see what tomorrow brings. Will keep you posted.

8 hours ago, WernerGertse said:

The issue has been determined that it is the DSTV app itself
They have decided to make their app work with Google Certified devices only.

We will try to fix this, but no guarantees.

22 hours ago, WernerGertse said:

Funny thing happened tonight guys. I cleared my app data (and yes, I have done it to the point where I asked for help) and it worked. All available channels are playing. I switched it off for few minutes to see if it’ll still work. And it did. I’ll enjoy it for tonight and see what tomorrow brings. Will keep you posted.

Guys, can confirm my dstv app still works today.

Maybe only a short term solition for the rest of us, but search for version 1.42.6 of the app. Uninstall the current updated version amd replace. This worked for me. Now just to figure out how to stop auto updates or at least enable approval for updates on the ATV 582. Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, eet1e said:

Maybe only a short term solition for the rest of us, but search for version 1.42.6 of the app. Uninstall the current updated version amd replace. This worked for me. Now just to figure out how to stop auto updates or at least enable approval for updates on the ATV 582. Any suggestions?

Go settings in the app store and disable auto updates. That’s what I did.

Just got mine to work. Disabled auto updates. Then downloaded apptoide, very much the same as playstore, differance is you can select which version of the app you want to download and install. 1.42.6 works perfectly.

On 21/02/2018 at 8:24 PM, WernerGertse said:

How do you clear your app data? Having the same problem

On 21/02/2018 at 8:24 PM, WernerGertse said:

1 hour ago, Annelize said:

How do you clear your app data? Having the same problem

Hi Annelize.

You go to settings on your MyGica device, Apps and look for the dstv app. Go in and you’ll see clear cache and clear app data. If you clear your app data, you clear your cache as well. Hope it works for you.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:33 PM, eet1e said:

I did the same, installed the previous version. My auto updates are switched of now. DSTV app working thus far.

MyGica should fully test the devices, sure you can Justin:

What uncertified status means

If your device is uncertified, Google doesn’t have a record of the Android compatibility test results.

Please keep in mind that:

• Uncertified devices may not be secure.
  • Uncertified devices may not get Android system updates, or app updates.
  • Google apps on uncertified devices aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
  • Apps and features on uncertified devices may not work correctly.
  • Data on uncertified devices may not back up securely.

What to do if your device isn’t certified

If your device is uncertified, we recommend contacting your device manufacturer. Ask for a fully tested, Google certified device.

17 hours ago, Maverick said:

I did the same, installed the previous version. My auto updates are switched of now. DSTV app working thus far.

MyGica should fully test the devices, sure you can Justin:

What uncertified status means

If your device is uncertified, Google doesn’t have a record of the Android compatibility test results.

Please keep in mind that:

• Uncertified devices may not be secure.
  • Uncertified devices may not get Android system updates, or app updates.
  • Google apps on uncertified devices aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
  • Apps and features on uncertified devices may not work correctly.
  • Data on uncertified devices may not back up securely.

What to do if your device isn’t certified

If your device is uncertified, we recommend contacting your device manufacturer. Ask for a fully tested, Google certified device.

Thanks for the info

But Google doesn't certify TV boxes that use the AOSP (Mobile/Tablet) version of Android.
Google only Certifies Phones and Tablets that use the AOSP version of Android.

We have already tried this many times with Google, and get turned down every time