Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pirate

DSTV app not working on A TV 582...device not Google certified error

GOODAY, I have an A TV 582 device & it worked well with the DSTV app till a week ago. Now I can access dstv app but when trying to watch something it says device not Google certified.

I downloaded the patch Justin had for unrooting the device as well as unroot my device app from Google play but they all say the device is not rooted or something...

Please help...I'm in cape town south Africa...

IMG_1520328265177.jpg

IMG_1520328187389.jpg

IMG_1520327184922.jpg

On 3/6/2018 at 4:19 AM, pirate said:

GOODAY, I have an A TV 582 device & it worked well with the DSTV app till a week ago. Now I can access dstv app but when trying to watch something it says device not Google certified.

I downloaded the patch Justin had for unrooting the device as well as unroot my device app from Google play but they all say the device is not rooted or something...

Please help...I'm in cape town south Africa...

IMG_1520328265177.jpg

IMG_1520328187389.jpg

IMG_1520327184922.jpg

The issue has nothing to do with Root Access

DSTV changed their apps to only work on Google Certified Devices, which none of the current MyGica devices are.
If you go back to the previous version of DSTV though, it still works.

Yes, I just figured that out today & loaded an older version but the mygica device keeps updating to the newer version...

How do I stop the device from updating itself to the newer version of the DSTV now app?

Thx

23 hours ago, pirate said:

Yes, I just figured that out today & loaded an older version but the mygica device keeps updating to the newer version...

How do I stop the device from updating itself to the newer version of the DSTV now app?

Thx

If you're logged into the Google Play Store

You need to go into settings and Turn off the setting that updates apps automatically.