ukmark62

T230C can not work when resume from hibernation/sleep, try this driver.

T230C and resume from hibernation/sleep

I have an issue with the T230C stick. If I resume my windows 10 PC from hibernation or sleep, I cannot get sound or picture from the device.It appears that the device is detected as device manager still shows it, but the screen is black and there is no sound.

I have to unplug the stick and re-insert it to get sound and picture.

I have an alternative generic USB DVB-T2 tuner that does provide sound and picture when resuming from hibernation or sleep on the same PC.

It's important that the stick should work from hibernation, as I have recordings scheduled and leaving the PC in hibernation mode is very convenient. The PC wakes up to record and goes back to hibernation after the recording is finished and this should be unattended.

Unfortunately, the T230C stick needs removing and re-inserting after resuming from hibernation, and so the PC cannot be left unattended.

I have tried the following driver versions, both without success:- v1.32.1748.0 and v1.32.1146.0

Thanks

Could you please try to test it on another computer and check if such problem will happen again? 

Try this fix (copied below) from MyGica for another issue (same product T230C):-  I did it and now the tuner is working from hibernate. Only if you are running Windows 10 64-bit

SOLVED

I can't edit the main post so if you are reading this, until there's a full official solution with a proper installer, here is how to manually install the working driver.

download this: http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4105

Extract the files somewhere (you need to know where they are)

Right click "Computer" > Manage > Device Manager > Find your device under "sound video and game controllers" > Right click > Update  Driver > Manually search in your computer > Locate the folder > Install Driver > Restart your Computer & research your local DVB-T2 frequency.

That's it! it worked for us, hope it works for you.

@zxl if possible please either Edit this into the top of the thread or sticky this or something so people could see it when they first go into this thread.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, petruspjs said:

I have exactly this problem but with the T230.  After hibernation the stick either needs removal and re-insertion or the computer needs rebooting.

Please try the driver as ukmark62 told, if it does not work, I will advise further. Thanks@ukmark62

Thank you both for your suggestions. Much appreciated. Yes, I am running Windows 10 64 bit. Unfortunately both clicking the link and copying the link into my browser address bar get the following error message:

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

Grateful for suggestions in getting round this (attaching the driver?)

Just tried right clicking on the link and  then using 'copy the link to the browser' and the download started. Will report if successful later when I have time to try it 

30 minutes ago, petruspjs said:

Just tried right clicking on the link and  then using 'copy the link to the browser' and the download started. Will report if successful later when I have time to try it 

I was planning to upload it again. Then you responsed. I will wait for your feedback.

Glad to report that everything now seems to work including restarting from hibernation.  I didn't  re-import the stations as using the new driver didn't seem to need it. Thank you very much indeed for your help.  I see that there might be an 'official' solution to this - is that right? Still this seems to work fine - was it supplied by MyGica?

Yes - I only came across it by chance when searching for a solution on the web. The driver is version 1.40.2303.0 but I don't think the website where you can download drivers from has caught up yet.

Happy to hear it worked for you.

Edited by ukmark62

9 hours ago, petruspjs said:

Glad to report that everything now seems to work including restarting from hibernation.  I didn't  re-import the stations as using the new driver didn't seem to need it. Thank you very much indeed for your help.  I see that there might be an 'official' solution to this - is that right? Still this seems to work fine - was it supplied by MyGica?

Yes, it is supplied by us. But we need more test before we release it.

T230C  The 1.40.2303.0 driver seems to work fine.

With both DVB-C and DVB-T2 H.265 HEVC. I've just tested it for five minutes and switched everything through briefly. I've been using the Mygica / Genitech Total Player / TerraTec Home Cinema program and the T230C Stick for years, so a five-minute test is enough. The program starts immediately with the 1.40.2303.0 driver; with the previous 1.32.1748.0, June 28th, 2017, which run very stable, I also always had to pull the stick out of the USB port 1.jpg.cd378ab88faf800bb0ce1f79a25555a8.jpgand plug it in again, after I had disconnected the PC from the power and started up again. With 1.40.2303.0. T230C it starts immediately without plug and play.  - Windows 10, 64, AMD A8 -7600 Radeon R7.

The driver download - posted August 22, 2018 see above, by Ukmark62  - is still working. You have to be logged in to download the file. It´s a x64.zip 686 KB.

2.jpg

3.jpg