Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghost123

Root access for 5.1 beta

Root access for 5.1 beta

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a root patch for the lollipop beta.I have the 20170612 version on my atv 585 currently and I flashed the root patch(S812-S802-S805-ROOT-PATCH_20170620) but it did not work.I need root access to remove all the apps that I don't use since the box is really sluggish on the 5.1 beta (I have already disabled most of them but some need root to remove them) .I also use the L-speed app which tweaks some of the kernel parameters for better performance.Without root lollipop is very disappointing.

Regards 

An ideal solution would be if the box could have systemless root with magisk.(This will also allow apps that detect root to function normally). 

22 hours ago, ghost123 said:

An ideal solution would be if the box could have systemless root with magisk.(This will also allow apps that detect root to function normally). 

Sorry but we do not have this available, as the version of OS is just Beta.

You can always try to root it yourself using Super User or Kingroot
I haven't tried this before myself, but I know it is widely used to Root Android Devices.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:10 PM, Justin said:

Sorry but we do not have this available, as the version of OS is just Beta.

You can always try to root it yourself using Super User or Kingroot
I haven't tried this before myself, but I know it is widely used to Root Android Devices.

I have tried to root it with kingroot but it always fails,I would also try Super User but it needs to be flashed from a custom recovery/a stock recovery without zip verification.For now as a workaround I'm using greenify pro to force stop apps I don't use.

Is there a way to get the same youtube app from the beta to the kitkat version?It is one of the reasons I'm still on lollipop.