Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGH

WiFi Issue

WiFi Issue

Hey All,

I have two 495 Pro HDR boxes, because I love the remote and the box.  One is connected to a TV downstairs by physical cable, the other is upstairs and connected by wifi.  Both stream iptv.  The one downstairs works fine, the one upstairs is spottier.  Right now, the box upstairs is connected using 802.11n, but my router supports 5 GHz, so I set up a 802.11 ac connection.  My cell phone is connected and works fine, my laptop is connected and works fine, but the 495 Pro HDR doesn't see the network.  So I went to the one downstairs, which is like 10 feet from the router, and switched it to wifi.  That box is happy to hook up to 2.4 GHz, but doesn't see the 5 GHz network at all.  The literature on the box and Mygica's website all say that the 495 Pro HDR happily plays with 5 GHz and 802.11 ac.  What am I doing wrong?

JGH

On 6/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, JGH said:

WiFi Issue

Hey All,

I have two 495 Pro HDR boxes, because I love the remote and the box.  One is connected to a TV downstairs by physical cable, the other is upstairs and connected by wifi.  Both stream iptv.  The one downstairs works fine, the one upstairs is spottier.  Right now, the box upstairs is connected using 802.11n, but my router supports 5 GHz, so I set up a 802.11 ac connection.  My cell phone is connected and works fine, my laptop is connected and works fine, but the 495 Pro HDR doesn't see the network.  So I went to the one downstairs, which is like 10 feet from the router, and switched it to wifi.  That box is happy to hook up to 2.4 GHz, but doesn't see the 5 GHz network at all.  The literature on the box and Mygica's website all say that the 495 Pro HDR happily plays with 5 GHz and 802.11 ac.  What am I doing wrong?

JGH

Sorry for the delay on responding to your post
We released a Firmware update that fixes this issue

Can be found here

What is going on with this box I literally just bought this box for my mother and wifi is having an issue already.  My phone picks up a better wifi signal then the box using speedtest.  I even tried using the update here.  And it doesn't work.  If I can't get it to work I am close to returning it.  I have bought many boxes from you guys and did swear to everyone that your boxes are the best.  Hopefully i can get a response soon

2 hours ago, weaselvw said:

What is going on with this box I literally just bought this box for my mother and wifi is having an issue already.  My phone picks up a better wifi signal then the box using speedtest.  I even tried using the update here.  And it doesn't work.  If I can't get it to work I am close to returning it.  I have bought many boxes from you guys and did swear to everyone that your boxes are the best.  Hopefully i can get a response soon

a few things I would check since you indicated mother's house.   if the router she's using is 2 years old, then maybe needs a new router firmware.  

please check that and update and try again. and update us here.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:57 AM, weaselvw said:

Her router did need an update and it seemed to fix things.

Good to hear and thanks for sharing

Let us know if you have any other questions

Thanks

On 9/25/2018 at 10:45 PM, jenniferleduc said:

My MyGica 1910 will not allow wifi in settings to be turned on. All 3 of my boxes are doing this, I’ve tried a factory reset but still happening. Any suggestions?

Hi,

so when you turn it on, it turns right off? 

I have heard of that happening in one in several thousand when it’s usually a hardware issue, but to have three is crazy. 

Please give any additional info you can. 

Hello,

yes as as soon as the box turns on, there is no wifi. I try to turn it on and the button will not turn on for wifi.

i have factory reset ALL 3 boxes and they ALL will not allow the wifi switch in settings to be turned on. 

Is the Mygica ATV495 pro has a pin reset? Were is it? Is mentioned here:

"How to process the steps:

1. Download the zip file
2. Unzip 
3. Format your MicroSD Card to FAT32
4. Drag and drop files from Unzip folder to root of your MicroSD card
5. Hook it up to your ATV495Pro HDR
6. Connect HDMI, turn TV on
7. Hold pin where Reset is
8. Hookup power while holding down Reset, via pin

9. Hold for 15 seconds
10. Select (( Apply update from EXT ))
11. Update from sdcard if you have files on sd card or Udisk if you have it inside of USB".

This is from MyGica_ATV495hdr_WV_6.0_20171114 2.0

update instructions.