Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nir

T230c doesn't scan dvb-t2? New driver will help you out!

3 hours ago, k-user said:

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue - radio channels only on 530Mhz.

It looks the driver provided to you over the remote support session is working. But for me it doesn't  work for some reason.

I've downloaded the driver from the link above and installed it. The version, as reported by device manager is 1.40.2303.0.

Please advice.

Which software are you running? Where are you residing? What did the error message display on the screen?

14 hours ago, k-user said:

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue - radio channels only on 530Mhz.

It looks the driver provided to you over the remote support session is working. But for me it doesn't  work for some reason.

I've downloaded the driver from the link above and installed it. The version, as reported by device manager is 1.40.2303.0.

Please advice.

my driver is on the same version

are you using a 32 or 64 bit system?

what windows version are you running?

did you follow these instructions and did you restart between the  driver installation and trying to see if its working?

download this: http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4105

Extract the files somewhere (you need to know where they are)

Right click "Computer" > Manage > Device Manager > Find your device under "sound video and game controllers" > Right click > Update  Driver > Manually search in your computer > Locate the folder > Install Driver > Restart your Computer & research your local DVB-T2 frequency.

are you on the latest windows update?

19 hours ago, zxl said:

Which software are you running? Where are you residing? What did the error message display on the screen?

Hi,

I have tried different SW tools, including TotalMedia, HiDTV, ProgDVB and also a special diagnostic software ScanChannelsBDA_UK: (https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/how-to-check-signal-strength-and-quality-dvb-t-only).

I'm based at Israel.

There are no errors, different SW tools behave differently.

I've tried again the driver v1.40.2303.0 and have reached a conclusion that the driver is unstable, as it behaves very differently on different machines. I have tried it on three machines: Two Windows-7 64 bit and one Windows-10.

1.  On the first Windows-7 machine, it was unable to find TV channels on 530Mhz, with all SW tools.

2.  On the second Windows-7 machine, it was able to find TV channels on 530Mhz (transmitting in T2 standard), but was unable to find all the others, which transmit in T1 standard. Specifically TotalMedia still finds radio channels only.

3.  On Windows 10, the driver crashed the system while scanning using TotalMedia.

Please advice.

8 hours ago, Nir said:

my driver is on the same version

are you using a 32 or 64 bit system?

what windows version are you running?

did you follow these instructions and did you restart between the  driver installation and trying to see if its working?

are you on the latest windows update?

I've tried it on a different machines (all 64 bit) - see my other answer for more details.

10 hours ago, k-user said:

Hi,

I have tried different SW tools, including TotalMedia, HiDTV, ProgDVB and also a special diagnostic software ScanChannelsBDA_UK: (https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/how-to-check-signal-strength-and-quality-dvb-t-only).

I'm based at Israel.

There are no errors, different SW tools behave differently.

I've tried again the driver v1.40.2303.0 and have reached a conclusion that the driver is unstable, as it behaves very differently on different machines. I have tried it on three machines: Two Windows-7 64 bit and one Windows-10.

1.  On the first Windows-7 machine, it was unable to find TV channels on 530Mhz, with all SW tools.

2.  On the second Windows-7 machine, it was able to find TV channels on 530Mhz (transmitting in T2 standard), but was unable to find all the others, which transmit in T1 standard. Specifically TotalMedia still finds radio channels only.

3.  On Windows 10, the driver crashed the system while scanning using TotalMedia.

Please advice.

The driver can work on both win7 and win10.

As far as I know, DVB-T TV channels are on 514MHZ in Israel.

Please uninstall the driver completely and reinstall the driver.   

And please use HiDTV.

1 hour ago, zxl said:

As far as I know, DVB TV channels are on 514MHZ in Israel.

It is true, however DVB-T2 channels (actually single channel) are transmitted on 530Mhz

13 hours ago, k-user said:

I've tried it on a different machines (all 64 bit) - see my other answer for more details.

You always need to make sure you've gone through all the basics before trying all of the more complicated checks and solutions... That's why I asked.

another basic (honestly I want to call it "stupid" instead) question is... do you have the T230C or the T230? (because this is for T230C)

It's interesting to me how it worked perfectly fine for 2 people and suddenly a third person comes and for him its not only working in an unstable way but actually crashes his system.

If we are using the same OS, on 64bit, same windows update and tuner (T230C not t230)... I'd say you either have a software or driver that is clashing with the t230c driver, or, different hardware like... idk an AMD CPU and board and maybe this driver is optimized for intel systems in some way... I really don't know this is just a shot in the dark here.

try to turn off as many programs that are running in the background as you can before re-installing the driver and maybe also remove any unnecessary devices from your PC.

I would say, since for now it worked for us on win10, first isolate your checks to the win10 machine. If you get it to work on that you can move on from there to other OS versions.

that is unless the main system you will use the T230C on is win7... in that case, maybe open a new thread... because all these posts are hiding the solution that did work for some of us from new users who it might work for.

anyway I'm no expert obviously and you might know much more than me... there's not much I can do but be a fresh set of eyes... hope you get it to work!

Also from Israel , also had this problem (dvb-t2 channels did not work).

The files from http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4105

Worked fine for me.

Do note , while browsing this topic did not require me to sign up and login to this forum , downloading the file from the above link without sign in did not work.

So if you to need to download this file , sign in first.

On 10/13/2018 at 6:53 PM, hgil said:

Also from Israel , also had this problem (dvb-t2 channels did not work).

The files from http://mygicasupport.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4105

Worked fine for me.

Do note , while browsing this topic did not require me to sign up and login to this forum , downloading the file from the above link without sign in did not work.

So if you to need to download this file , sign in first.

Thanks for your sharing.

Hi people,

I am from Zagreb, Croatia , and have the same problem with MyGica  dvbt2 stick// just sound, no picture .

My computer works with Windows 10 and driver version  on Arcsoft  installation disc  is 1.32.1145.0  from 9.5.2016.

Downloading newer versions of driver online does not work * sites mentioned on this forum  not working at all, or asking for description key.

Can someone help me * send me a link for new driver that works /for free.