Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nir

T230c doesn't scan dvb-t2? New driver will help you out!

Once again, t230c doesn't scan dvb-t2

I sent an email for support but no reply. 

I've seen a few posts about this problem but haven't seen a working answer. 

I get a 72dB connection with 100% signal strength and 100% quality on the cable that I connect to the T230C from an antenna I had professionally installed on the roof of my building.
I also have a non USB DVB-T2 tuner that is able to receive all of the channels.

For some reason I don't get the DVB-T2 channels on my Mygica T230C DVB-T2 tuner...
I installed the latest driver from your website, I tried to change some settings, I searched online for possible solutions but still no luck. 

I live in Israel and I have a Windows 10 based PC.
I get both the video and radio channels on the regular DVB-T frequency (514MHz).
But on the DVB-T2 frequency (530MHz) I only get radio channels.
Again I should mention, I have a non USB tuner that is able to receive the DVB-T2 video channels with no issues on the same connection so its not a signal issue.

Hope you could help. 

Please check if the driver is installed well.   You can check it from this path: Computer/Manager/Devices Manager/Sound, Video, or Game Controller

If not,  please uninstall the previous driver and reinstall the new driver from the link below.

https://mega.nz/#!Cz4DGKqb!uE-2S-M-i8jWI4cfPjoZ8N4xsGKHBrJbGnTUVV5Dt2U

well it was installed properly as far as i can see...

I uninstalled anyway and tried to install the version you linked to. doesn't work.

re installed the version i had before.

Did you try it on another computer?  Can it receive DVB-T2 channels on another computer? 

trying it now on a different computer. again didn't work with your driver link. will try with a different link and update here

same result using a different computer. not using your driver I get only radio on DVB-T2 frequency.

on regular DVB-T frequency i get both video and audio (radio) channels.

also I should note, its the same thing on an android device.

19 hours ago, zxl said:

Did you try it on another computer?  Can it receive DVB-T2 channels on another computer? 

Just incase you missed the notification. I really hope we could resolve this issue quickly

Hi, I got  my t230c tuner and have exactly the same problem as Nir. I see only radio channels on the dvbt-t2 frequency. Please advise.

26 minutes ago, Nir said:

Just incase you missed the notification. I really hope we could resolve this issue quickly

7 minutes ago, Smarg said:

Hi, I got  my t230c tuner and have exactly the same problem as Nir. I see only radio channels on the dvbt-t2 frequency. Please advise.

I have tested just now, It can receive DVB-T2 channels normally. You two, could you please write to me with answers to these questions as belows by email? My email address is angela.xu@geniatech.com

1. Which software are you running on your computer?

2. What is the configuration of your computer?

3. Have you done any changes recently or upgraded computers? Did the problem happen before or after you upgrade your computer?

4. Could you please send the screenshot of the settings of your software and I will check if I can do something for you?

I'm not at home right now and can't answer all of your questions now. 

I will send the email when I get home after I got all of the answers. 

For now:

1. I'm still trying to figure out which software would be the best and most comfortable for me so I've tried several softwares like smartDVB, nextPVR, vlc, kodi with a few plug-ins... 

How about you share with us what software and settings you used to get it to work? 

2. I'm guessing you are looking for a components list so:

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX H270I GAMING

CPU: Intel Core i5 7500

Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

I don't think that the other components could matter in anyway... Although the graphics card shouldn't matter as well. 

Running windows 10

3. It's a new computer I built about half a year ago... No upgrades or changes since. And it's not like the DVB-T2 on the t230c used to work and then I made an upgrade and it stopped working... It just never worked from when I bought it. 

4. Screen shots will be sent later to your email along with everything else when I'm back home. 

Thank you for your support. 

I have Windows 10 64bit system with modern hardware. The T230C tuner is new from AliExpress (ordered from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/dvb-t2-GENIATECH-MyGica-USB-TV-tuner-Stick-T230C-DVB-C-T2-DVB-T-HD-TV/1883597971.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dKJFIR9)

DVB-T2 frequency never worked on it. I tried SmartDVB,  NextPVR and VLC

I see 3 options here..either DVB-T2 standard in Israel is different (is it possible at all?), i got fake T230C tuner (how can i check it is original?) or the t230c i got is broken somehow...

2 hours ago, Nir said:

I'm not at home right now and can't answer all of your questions now. 

I will send the email when I get home after I got all of the answers. 

For now:

1. I'm still trying to figure out which software would be the best and most comfortable for me so I've tried several softwares like smartDVB, nextPVR, vlc, kodi with a few plug-ins... 

How about you share with us what software and settings you used to get it to work? 

2. I'm guessing you are looking for a components list so:

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX H270I GAMING

CPU: Intel Core i5 7500

Graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

I don't think that the other components could matter in anyway... Although the graphics card shouldn't matter as well. 

Running windows 10

3. It's a new computer I built about half a year ago... No upgrades or changes since. And it's not like the DVB-T2 on the t230c used to work and then I made an upgrade and it stopped working... It just never worked from when I bought it. 

4. Screen shots will be sent later to your email along with everything else when I'm back home. 

Thank you for your support. 

2 hours ago, Smarg said:

I have Windows 10 64bit system with modern hardware. The T230C tuner is new from AliExpress (ordered from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/dvb-t2-GENIATECH-MyGica-USB-TV-tuner-Stick-T230C-DVB-C-T2-DVB-T-HD-TV/1883597971.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dKJFIR9)

DVB-T2 frequency never worked on it. I tried SmartDVB,  NextPVR and VLC

I see 3 options here..either DVB-T2 standard in Israel is different (is it possible at all?), i got fake T230C tuner (how can i check it is original?) or the t230c i got is broken somehow...

Please try to use Total Media, please download this software and driver for win10 from here:

Total Media: https://mega.nz/#!E3YkCAST!-8UTR72Jo6QNqgYutKOA-1QnyPksyK3ab1qHzDdWHQU

Driver: https://mega.nz/#!C3ZWUaJK!3ZpyEwEzlC2DVq2i5uyp8ZvpbS3oq4KRSxfu13cROMM

14 hours ago, Nir said:

It gives the same result sadly.

Please write to me by email. I will try my best to help you out

So, i tried to use it also on a modern Win10 x64 laptop and have the same result.

First i tried install the driver you provided, but it did not work...seems that the driver you provided is for t230 (dated 2014...) and not for t230c which is a newer device. I had to install drivers from mygica web site to have it to work.

Next, i cannot install Total Media ...the license that i received together with my t230c device does not work! - it keep saying Invalid license key....i had to install NextPVR to work with it. The result is the same - i can only see radio channels on a DVB-T2 frequency, not video channels.

I am starting to regret buying t230c....

22 minutes ago, Smarg said:

So, i tried to use it also on a modern Win10 x64 laptop and have the same result.

First i tried install the driver you provided, but it did not work...seems that the driver you provided is for t230 (dated 2014...) and not for t230c which is a newer device. I had to install drivers from mygica web site to have it to work.

Next, i cannot install Total Media ...the license that i received together with my t230c device does not work! - it keep saying Invalid license key....i had to install NextPVR to work with it. The result is the same - i can only see radio channels on a DVB-T2 frequency, not video channels.

I am starting to regret buying t230c....

its not really going to help you solve the DVB-T2 problem but....

did you write the "-" dashes when you wrote the license key? because you should have... for some reason they didn't make it as an auto input and they didn't allow it to work without dashes.

anyway, for now, email her.... lets hope she will help us more there.

59 minutes ago, Nir said:

its not really going to help you solve the DVB-T2 problem but....

did you write the "-" dashes when you wrote the license key? because you should have... for some reason they didn't make it as an auto input and they didn't allow it to work without dashes.

anyway, for now, email her.... lets hope she will help us more there.

yes, i tried both with dashes and without....does not work either way...anyway i don't think Total media will help with anything and i don't need it....i will email her, but frankly i dont get why she can't help us here ..this is the support forum..

10 minutes ago, Smarg said:

yes, i tried both with dashes and without....does not work either way...anyway i don't think Total media will help with anything and i don't need it....i will email her, but frankly i dont get why she can't help us here ..this is the support forum..

It is not the whole duties of my job to sit here and help the customers from this forum. The reason of my advice of emails  is that I am afraid your messages are missed sometimes.  

46 minutes ago, zxl said:

It is not the whole duties of my job to sit here and help the customers from this forum. The reason of my advice of emails  is that I am afraid your messages are missed sometimes.  

i will try anotehr software today evening, sorry did not want to offend you :)

1 hour ago, zxl said:

Please try another software and set the country as Germany instead of Israel, you can down it from this link :  https://mega.nz/#!HrhEkArb!CaFm5hehyKly6IJ8eQvOtJJ7FW_VJrnykXdcaYt6v3k

It's the same thing for me with the new software... honestly I don't think the problem is the software... I've already tried several software with the same result... it's either a Driver or hardware Issue with the t230c and DVB-T2 on the Israeli DVB-T2 frequencies.

so what's the next step now? teamviewer or is there more we can do without it?

and again, thank you for your support!

29 minutes ago, Nir said:

It's the same thing for me with the new software... honestly I don't think the problem is the software... I've already tried several software with the same result... it's either a Driver or hardware Issue with the t230c and DVB-T2 on the Israeli DVB-T2 frequencies.

so what's the next step now? teamviewer or is there more we can do without it?

and again, thank you for your support!

I see there is driver for t230c DE. ..can you try checking if it works?

59 minutes ago, Smarg said:

i will try anotehr software today evening, sorry did not want to offend you :)

When did this problem happen?  Can you receive DVB-T2 channels before? Did this problem happen recently? You can receive DVB-T2 channels sometimes or you never receive DVB-T2 channels before with T230C?

11 minutes ago, zxl said:

When did this problem happen?  Can you receive DVB-T2 channels before? Did this problem happen recently? You can receive DVB-T2 channels sometimes or you never receive DVB-T2 channels before with T230C?

As i already said, this is brand new mygica t230c device i bought from AliExpress.  From the moment i plugged it in, It never received DVB-T2 channels.  It can receive DVB-T channels and they are working OK, but not DVB-T2 channels.