Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwventer

My Kr 41 remote works intermittently

When I hold the remote very close to my 329X box it seems to work fine. But when I move just 1.5meters away (5 ft)  it does not function properly. I will have to punch the keys numerous times before I get a response.

Does anybody have the same problem?

So far this MyGica box has been very disappointing because of the weak remote's response.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:37 AM, dwventer said:

When I hold the remote very close to my 329X box it seems to work fine. But when I move just 1.5meters away (5 ft)  it does not function properly. I will have to punch the keys numerous times before I get a response.

Does anybody have the same problem?

So far this MyGica box has been very disappointing because of the weak remote's response.

Hi there,

Is your unit located inside a cabinet? Is there anything solid blocking the view that might interfere with the wireless signal?

Do you have a bunh of wireless devices in that area? I suspect that the signal is being interrupted by something.

Hi,

No, I'm an electronics engineer, so I did not try to use it with something solid in front of it :-)

I also turned off all devices that have some sort of over the air signal (like wifi router, mobile etc) as I also suspected this in the beginning but this made no difference. It seems to get worse the more the 329X is busy with tasks like filling up the suggestion list in Google search.

OK, received my new 329X and the remote works perfectly. Must have been bad hardware on my previous one. The only problem now is that my Webcam that worked fine on the previous one is crashing constantly on my new one!