Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ott6818

HEVC question

HEVC question

Hi, I have two 1800e boxes, both loaded with the most recent 5.1 build that was released.  Here is the issue, on one box I can play HEVC x.265 streams without an issue, on the other box it looks like it is going to play the stream, starts the loading sequence, get the playing symbol in the bottom left corner and the run time counter starts, but thats where is stops.  Instead of the video playing the progress counter just keeps running without any video or audio, just the selection menu for whichever app/add-on I am using.  My question is, is it possible that I have one box with an HVEC compliant chipset and one without.

Other interesting thing is the box that won't play x.265 can be placed into standby mode and wake up successfully, the box that will play x.265 has the 'blank screen when waking from stand-by' issue. Connected?

Just trying to figure this out, should I reblast the firmware on the box that is having issues or would that be a waste of 20 minutes?

Hi Ott,

Which program is having these x.265 issues?

The chip-sets are the same, and shouldn't be having these issues.

Some of the 1800 devices had the wake up issue, and some didn't. We aren't completely sure why. We weren't provided support from the chipset makers to support 5.1 and had to do it independently. This is why the 5.1 did not come out of Beta. There were certainly a couple of bugs, but nothing relating to video playback.

So far it seems to be restricted to kodi add-ons. It doesn't seem to matter if it is a steamed file or a local file. Both boxes are set up and configured identically. 

I might just reblast the firmware again and see if it clears up. It not a big deal, and I can't remember if the box had the problem running 4.2