Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roxy

ATV495Pro —Switching from TV to Netflix

ATV495Pro —Switching from TV to Netflix

Finished watch tv and now want to watch Netflix, try to load app and constantly get error messages, “Can not load” “Problem with playback” and no matter how many times I exit and go back in, the messages will continue until I shut the box down. Netflix is working fine on my laptop, phone, and  through my blueray player so why does it not work on this box! Same if I try to go back to tv... won’t load... have to shut down box and restart. Anyone have any clue why this box is more trouble than it’s worth?

*playback is on the auto/low setting

*tv app is STB EMU Pro

*everything works fine on my other tv which has a cheaper android box

Regarding the netflix issue, check out this workaround to get it up and running again. Disregard the part showing you how ot install it, you will either have the mygica or aptoid store already.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:09 PM, MyGica Support said:

Regarding the netflix issue, check out this workaround to get it up and running again. Disregard the part showing you how ot install it, you will either have the mygica or aptoid store already.

Now that I updated the version to the newest one,  I get error code 5.8 every time I run Netflix... thanks for no help

17 hours ago, Roxy said:

Now that I updated the version to the newest one,  I get error code 5.8 every time I run Netflix... thanks for no help

Hi there,

The video does not instruct you to update to the newest one. Please follow the instructions carefully before making rash comments. We are here to help as best we can and are here for additional personalized service if needed.

It states that the “latest one” when this video was made, and the bigger build, if you only want me to upgrade to a specific version that is mentioned in the video, then it should have been “upgrade to version x, but make sure it’s this build number. This is specific for people who don’t normally have to do this type of things... I am not trying to be difficult,  just not experienced and not getting the help when I email support.

Can you please let me know who you emailed? It is very unlike anyone from our support team to not be giving our best.

Regarding the video, please pay close attention at around the 3:00 mark where he explains the different build numbers.

26726 is the version you are looking for.

HI thanks for that info. I removed the pictures because I was still able to make out the email address. I didn't want you getting spammed either.

I am sorry that they were not helping you over at mygica.com. We are mygica.tv and cover north american customers as well as trying to provide some support for other countries. 

If you check the back of your box, or your manual that came with the unit, you will see for next time to contact us over here. I do understand the confusion and try extra hard to make it up on our end for any lack of support from other branches elsewhere.

Were you successful with Netflix?

Thank you for removing them, and thank you for letting me know that I’m emailing the wrong place.  I will let you know about it Netflix once I can get home.

The other issue I am having is I have tried to update using Firmware 7.1 but the system keeps saying it is only for “stvs9” not “stvm9”....  any help would be great!

I just kept getting that message every time I tried to upgrade so I gave up,  I do have the automatic update box checked. Thank you for the help.

Oh, well I am going to send your comments to the devs and see why you may be getting this error on the update.

I will get back with anything I can come up with. 

Good luck on the netflix, let me know how it goes.

18 hours ago, Roxy said:

Thank you for removing them, and thank you for letting me know that I’m emailing the wrong place.  I will let you know about it Netflix once I can get home.

The other issue I am having is I have tried to update using Firmware 7.1 but the system keeps saying it is only for “stvs9” not “stvm9”....  any help would be great!

Hi Roxy, 

Please remember that file you see for OS 7.1 is made for ATV495Pro HDR, which is totaly different chipset, and it is not the same box and model as what you have.   When you get the error "stvm9" that means your motherboard is also different.  We do not have OS 7.1 for ATV495Pro.  The Latest Firmware that is available is OS 5.1.   There are no more OS development for ATV495Pro.

Please do not confuse the ATV495Pro with ATV495Pro HDR. 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:22 PM, MyGica Support said:

HI thanks for that info. I removed the pictures because I was still able to make out the email address. I didn't want you getting spammed either.

I am sorry that they were not helping you over at mygica.com. We are mygica.tv and cover north american customers as well as trying to provide some support for other countries. 

If you check the back of your box, or your manual that came with the unit, you will see for next time to contact us over here. I do understand the confusion and try extra hard to make it up on our end for any lack of support from other branches elsewhere.

Were you successful with Netflix?

Hi, used Netflix’s order version with the right build number. When I switch from tv right to Netflix it just sits there loading forever. If I leave the tv and click on the accelerator a couple times, then Netflix, it works... so no, it’s not working correctly but I guess this as good as it’s been, miss my old box.

21 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

Hi Roxy, 

Please remember that file you see for OS 7.1 is made for ATV495Pro HDR, which is totaly different chipset, and it is not the same box and model as what you have.   When you get the error "stvm9" that means your motherboard is also different.  We do not have OS 7.1 for ATV495Pro.  The Latest Firmware that is available is OS 5.1.   There are no more OS development for ATV495Pro.

Please do not confuse the ATV495Pro with ATV495Pro HDR. 

My receipt and box say ATV495Pro HDR, so yes, I am using the right upgrade, still with an error message.