Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYCBAR

1800e boot card issue

1800e boot card issue

I have been having trouble with an old 1800e and it appears to be stuttering while playing video greater than SD quality.  To solve this, I have been trying to re-image it using the boot card method and this update (update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121).  I have used this many times without issue but now it freezes or stops on the initial re-boot (I have waited 20 minutes) and then it stops loading the apps on the second of eight (Wi-Fi analyzer), (another 15 minutes) so I have unplugged and rebooted to a blank app screen.  I can load the necessary apps but I am truly wondering why a clean install would freeze up?  Is there a newer boot card sequence or is it just the age of the 1800e?

There may be an issue with the flash memory inside the unit. 

Can i ask, are you able to just do a factory reset? It also reinstalls the firmware and operating system without having to reflash the unit through the method you’re using. 

23 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

There may be an issue with the flash memory inside the unit. 

Can i ask, are you able to just do a factory reset? It also reinstalls the firmware and operating system without having to reflash the unit through the method you’re using. 

It loaded with the same errors so I found the 4.4.2 kit kat boot-card and reloaded it and then installed the MyGica Media Centre v17 and everything loaded and all of the jitter and stutter appear to be GONE.  Though this is not thoroughly tested I will need to respond later but on first glance at a few it appears fixed...
Many thanks

UPDATE:

With the release of KODI Krypton on February 5, 2017 which required that the Android OS 5.0 be used to continue with its use, a lot of Android KODI users had been using 4.4.2 Kit Kat with Jarvis or Isengard and both produced flawless audio and video playback but from that moment on until the Kodi group updated the video playback portion of Leia (KODI 18) many users suffered with video chatter/ stutter that mimicked a child’s flip card display or game (thank you).  I have spent countless months experimenting with each adjustable section of KODI to correct this video issue with the understanding that it was a hardware related issue but to my surprise, the introduction of Leia (Beta and RC1) has solved it.  I even went as far as purchasing new devices with updated operating systems, clean installs and still without luck.  I am not saying that this is or was the only issue but with the release of Kodi v18 “Leia” RC1 my issues have disappeared and are apparently corrected with quality non jittery video again!  I highly recommend that if you are experiencing any video issue that you at least attempt this as it is free and apparently works and fixes this problem.