Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arkadia2008

ATV 1200 stopped working

i've had a 1200 sitting here for months with the same issue. wouldn't upgrade and stuck at red solid light. it would boot but lock up at the app installation process. today i put in an sdcard with the 4.2.2 update. i opened the box attempting to bridge the connections and noticed a tiny little button. the reset button at the back of the unit got me nowhere. i held in this button and plugged in the unit. SUCCESS!!!!!!! my box is working again after i thought it was a lost cause. it's worth a shot.

i've had a 1200 sitting here for months with the same issue. wouldn't upgrade and stuck at red solid light. it would boot but lock up at the app installation process. today i put in an sdcard with the 4.2.2 update. i opened the box attempting to bridge the connections and noticed a tiny little button. the reset button at the back of the unit got me nowhere. i held in this button and plugged in the unit. SUCCESS!!!!!!! my box is working again after i thought it was a lost cause. it's worth a shot.

Good to know you got it working.

But what is the little button you are talking about?

the box is easy to take apart. but i'm all set up and don't want to unwire my system. inside the unit is a tiny green button. you cant miss it seeing as how the board is pretty small.i held it in and plugged in the power and it started updating the firmware from my usb stick. the reset button in the back of the unit stopped working months ago. i tried everything for some time but eventually gave up. but i decided the other day to just take it apart for the hell of it. i'm glad i did.

the box is easy to take apart. but i'm all set up and don't want to unwire my system. inside the unit is a tiny green button. you cant miss it seeing as how the board is pretty small.i held it in and plugged in the power and it started updating the firmware from my usb stick. the reset button in the back of the unit stopped working months ago. i tried everything for some time but eventually gave up. but i decided the other day to just take it apart for the hell of it. i'm glad i did.

Ok thanks for sharing this.

Two weeks now and no response from support@mygica.com.

No wonder MyGica products are no longer available in Germany, if anything goes wrong, you might as well toss your box in the garbage.

Send another email with support@mygica.ca CC in it.

I will respond back to it.

Please note, there offices in China are closed after Friday for 2 weeks due to Chinese New Years.

My only question after going to the mygica.de website, is where do I get one of those cool Internet radios? :D My logitech squeezebox is working well but will probably bite the dust at some point. No, seriously, is Mygica going to come out with Internet radios anytime soon?

J

My only question after going to the mygica.de website, is where do I get one of those cool Internet radios? :D My logitech squeezebox is working well but will probably bite the dust at some point. No, seriously, is Mygica going to come out with Internet radios anytime soon?

J

Dont think we have any plans of coming out with any internet radios anytime soon

Still waiting for a response to my last email.

I'm pretty sure by now, that MyGica has no intention to repair or replace my faulty device. :x

They just got back to work from Chinese New Years yesterday. So send a follow up email and CC me on it.

I see they have responded to you a few times already.

I will sent them a follow up email, but I bet that Elaine (software for online dialogue marketing?) from MyGica support will just answer with another useless text module, like please try to update by bootcard.

I feel a sense of deja vu, it's like a MyGica version of the movie Groundhog Day.

If the bootcards do not work for you. Then only the serial cable unbricking method is the only option to unbrick the unit.

Which isn't easy. One of my colleagues and I here in our office tried this ourselves, and find it takes 2 people to do, since one needs to short the board, and another has to hold the unit and plug in the power.

The bootcard method we find is only has a 30% success rate on the ATV 400/520/1200 units.

I give up.

Elaines answer:

I'm sorry we can only provide technical support for you.

If your ATV1200 is under warranty,could you please contact with your vendor to ask for a replacement?

Unbelievable :x

I give up.

Elaines answer:

I'm sorry we can only provide technical support for you.

If your ATV1200 is under warranty,could you please contact with your vendor to ask for a replacement?

Unbelievable :x

Sorry about this. I would take this up with your reseller again about getting it replaced under warranty.

We only offer 1 year warranty on units, but we have zero issues with accepting Bricked units back and replacing them. And neither does Geniatech/MyGica in China.

Today I contact the Justin via email. I send the screenshot of my info about firmware of my android tvbox ATV520. I ask support@mygica.com to confirm me that model and the way of update the box is appropriate for my box. They confirm me via email that is OK. But...today at 19:37 h I tray to update firmware going step by step and my box is dead now. Central red light is continuing and the blu light on the right is flashing. Nothing is happens. I'm desperate because the box from last year is working perfectly. Now I know what to do. My children making me crying because they cannot see anymore film online....

I need step by step instruction how to relife the tv box.

Please

Thanks in advance!

Way you release update firmware when you dont accept the possibility of the risk of brick the box and replaced that with new?!!!

I'm living in Macedonia. I bay that box in Germany. Whay, whay i ask?

Eureka!

Today I solved the problem, I unbrick the device ATV520!

1. I downloaded 1 program to make sd card Bootable (with explanation on it, from forum here)

2. Sd card with 2gb

3. I downloaded 5 file for update the firmware from mygica 4.2.2 (previously I have 4.1.2)

4. I doing step by step instructions from here, in this forum.

- I put sd card with 5 file with firmware on it to device (device is shut downl

- I put half the power in wall with no contact with electric

- I put in upgrade the stick

- I tuch pin 2 and pin 3 together with screwdriver

All staf together.

After tuch upgrade and the pin in same time, with my butt I push power to end in the wall to have a contact with electricity.

This is maybe 7-10 second. The blu light is on and on the TV you can see android. Nothing happens. After 30 min I shut down the device with power button behind. The power in wall is on. TV is black, no signal.

Than I push the upgrade and the power button behind together. The blu light begin the flashing. I stand like that after 5 time flashing the blu light. Than after 10 second the blu light is continuing. I release the power button and the upgrade.

On the TV, after 20 second begin proces. Something is instaling, than android. After that restarting self (not from me), showing installation proces. Device work alone. After 15 min on the TV shows 4 step settings for wifi, display and lan network. OK.

Than displayed on the TV the louncher of MyGica and that is.

I success to unbrick the device. Alone. I'm not IT expert.

Thanks

hello,

Hope you can help I had problems with my 1200 so i went to update. after the update it stuck at red solid light. when i plug it in and hard boot with the button at the back it does start up and just stay on the android screen. i opened the box attempting to bridge the connections and boot with the bridge and the bootable SD with the update and NOTHING!!!

So frustrated what am I doing wrong or what else can I try???

hello,

Hope you can help I had problems with my 1200 so i went to update. after the update it stuck at red solid light. when i plug it in and hard boot with the button at the back it does start up and just stay on the android screen. i opened the box attempting to bridge the connections and boot with the bridge and the bootable SD with the update and NOTHING!!!

So frustrated what am I doing wrong or what else can I try???

You can try this

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

I also always send customers the videos to show how to do the factory reset. (video credit: James)

duel core video;

of course with models atv 400 and atv520e have their reset buttons on the bottom.

If this does not work, your box has become fully bricked.

I would have suggested the bridging of the connections. But you have tried this already and it did not work.

If all else fails, you can send it in for warranty by going here

http://mygica.tv/help