Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harman

Stuck in kodi(where is my default home screen)

Stuck in kodi(where is my default home screen)

Hi,

I am new to android tv box, i bought atv 1200 from some guy through online marketplace. After doing some googling and research i came to know that this box is bricked and i am unable to go to default launcher, i had done hard reset with pin, everytime it starts to kodi screen with some EMBLED theme or add on in it . Please see my attached picture of home screen and i want to get out of it.

IMG-20180926-WA0008.jpg

Hi,

im sorry this happened to you. The box is t bricked, however, it seems that they modified it to a Linux operating system that will only run kodi. 

Unfortunately, when this is done there is no way to bring it back to android without ruining the unit. 

I don’t want to jump to any conclusions about he seller, but if he sold the unit to you as “original” then he may have been dishonest in his sake. You may want to check the discription to see if he mentions Linux being the operating system. 

3 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi,

im sorry this happened to you. The box is t bricked, however, it seems that they modified it to a Linux operating system that will only run kodi. 

Unfortunately, when this is done there is no way to bring it back to android without ruining the unit. 

I don’t want to jump to any conclusions about he seller, but if he sold the unit to you as “original” then he may have been dishonest in his sake. You may want to check the discription to see if he mentions Linux being the operating system. 

Ohh thank you very much ,atleast someone tell me what actually the problem is. I bought this from craigslist ,he didnt tell me anything.....

Ah, ya that really stinks. I guess he may have assumed you knew more about it. 

That boxes age, combined with it only being used for outdated KODI, would be a frustrating experience at best. 

That being said, if you have a shared folder on your pc, you can access that trough the version of kodi you have, to play media as an “extender”. I would definitely do this if I had one sitting around. 

20 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi,

I don’t want to jump to any conclusions about he seller, but if he sold the unit to you as “original” then he may have been dishonest in his sake. You may want to check the discription to see if he mentions Linux being the operating 

35 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

That being said, if you have a shared folder on your pc, you can access that trough the version of kodi you have, to play media as an “extender”. I would definitely do this if I had one sitting around. 

I dont want to do anything with it, i will put it on craigslist for free...