Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scimitar

Tv losing signal through hdmi on 1960

I have loaded the latest firmware as supplied by the agents and still have the problem. Just getting fed up with this model. Android 6 the network port worked but no DTS sound, Android 7 the DTS worked but then the network port got disabled. Reported to Mygica, a few months later they fixed the firmware and DTS and network port works, but it still loses HDMI signal. The unit sometimes buffers and hangs while watching a movie from external HD. Sometimes it just freezes and i have to unplug the unit. Fast forwarding a movie or TV series and the screen goes blank and it hangs for about 5 seconds before the picture comes back, and yes I have set the settings to have no delay when fast forwarding.

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

I have loaded the latest firmware as supplied by the agents and still have the problem. Just getting fed up with this model. Android 6 the network port worked but no DTS sound, Android 7 the DTS worked but then the network port got disabled. Reported to Mygica, a few months later they fixed the firmware and DTS and network port works, but it still loses HDMI signal. The unit sometimes buffers and hangs while watching a movie from external HD. Sometimes it just freezes and i have to unplug the unit. Fast forwarding a movie or TV series and the screen goes blank and it hangs for about 5 seconds before the picture comes back, and yes I have set the settings to have no delay when fast forwarding.

It sounds more like you may have a defective unit then
I personally use the 1960 at home with Android 7.1 and do not have these issues

If you bought the unit in under 1 year, it would still be under warranty
I would suggest trying to get it exchanged with your seller then.

It is under a year old. i bought in in Sep 2018. I took it back to the store just before Christmas and I was given a new unit from brand new stock that arrived from Mygica suppliers in China. All these issues are on the new unit. I am going to take it back again as i have spoken to the technicians and they have offered a refund or another exchange. I am unsure which option to take as I am not too familiar with other brands yet.