Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gareth De Kock

Remote Power Button after full shutdown

Remote Power Button after full shutdown

I Bought a unit this week. Noticed something odd...

Changed the remote power button setting on the device to "Power off" device when pushed.  After a shutdown- the remote will not power the unit on at all (red light to blue). However, the remote works fine when the setting is changed to "Sleep". The same happens when holding the power button in and selecting "Power off"- it refuses to start the device up again after a complete shutdown.

I have unpaired and re- paired the remote- no success. You physically have to pull the power plug out and reinsert it to wake the device and have operation of the remote again.

Just a weird one and wondering if there is a known issue.

3 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi there,

can you please let me know which device you are using? Which version of android is on it also? 

Which remote do you have. 

Hi. It's the 495 max. I think it's android 7.1.2 and the standard Bluetooth remote with voice control. 

Since I have changed the setting back to 'sleep now' on the device - the remote will wake it. But if is shutdown and the red light is on, the remote will not do anything.

Let me know if I should return the device - although everything works perfectly. It's just the power button issue. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, kibreh said:

I have the same problem. I switch off my ATV 495 Max and then I cannot switch it on.

Yip. Never been fixed. Push the power button once and leave it. Best work around...