Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jennigica

Help Please - Error: Please choose APK and then freezes

Help Please - Error: Please choose APK and then freezes

Hello,  I was getting  a message on mygica lollipop android box that says "please choose the APK you would like to switch and press ok" It would freeze after that and not let me do anything other than move my mouse around.

I completed a hard factory reset and get to the screen where it says press NEXT for set up.

Once I press next it takes me back to the main page where it freezes again.  I can move my mouse around but can't select anything. 

I've spent hours trying to google the answer to no avail :(I am hoping someone can help :) 

Cheers,

Jennigica

Hi there.

can you please try using a mouse from a computer to check if selection works? 

Id like to narrow down if this is an issue with the remote or the box before moving forward. 

Hello, I almost always use my mouse as the remote has not worked for sometime.... I can move the mouse all around the screen but it will not allow me to click on anything.

Follow up question:

can you try using your directional pad on the mygica remote to confirm if this is an issue with the box itself, or the controlling device. 

You can also use a keyboard from a computer to use the arrow keys and enter to try and select apps. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Hello,

I dont have a keyboard :(

I tried the remote, it will turn the box off and on but it will not give me a curser,  let me use the directional keys and does nothing when I press ok....it will not go to the home screen or bring up the keypad...

The box is sitting on the welcome...click next to continue...

I've never had a dongle that I know of? My remote has red lights....when I do the pairing thing (vol + Page)  they just just blink really fast and don't go solid.

Fresh batteries have been put in.  

Do I need the remote to work if my computer mouse was working?  

Maybe I posted in the wrongs section...it is a Lollipop  Mygica?  The mouse is just my own wireless logitech mouse that I use with the USB ports on the side of my Gica.  

The back of mygica has the following:  An SD card port, Reset Button, HDMI port, sp/df port, rf port, and DC power port (in that order)  

It has 4 usb ports on the side and the remote looks just like the one in the picture but I don't recall ever using a dongle - I would remember something called a dongle :)

The remote has a usb dongle like your wireless mouse. 

The reason I’m asking to try another device, is because there are multiple possibilities why this is happening. 

Do we know if the mouse button is broken? 

These things are hard to address and we can easily be sent down the wrong path of doing things like factory resetting the device. 

Maybe try putting the mouse on the oc to check if the button button still works? 

The mouse is working yes - MyGica BOx is still not working.

I had previously done a factory reset as it was freezing after the error message  "please choose the APK you would like to switch and press ok"  

After the factory reset I get to the screen where it says press NEXT for set up. but all I can do is move the mouse pointer around.  The box freezes and will not allow me to select next.

I can move the mouse pointer all over the TV screen but cannot select anything when I right or left click.  Nothing happens it just stays on the  press NEXT for set up screen

Did you find your dongle for the mygica remote by any chance? 

Do you have another mouse to try? 

When using a third party device, it’s much more difficult for me to diagnose the issue. 

Simply pressing home on a mygica remote, or something like an android keyboard, would get you to the home screen and bypass the setup screen.