Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lou19

Crave tv update

Crave tv update

crave just pushed out an update and it requires 5+ to run. I have upgraded the 1800e with all the updates available on mygica and its a no go. it just won't work. the app just won't run.  it says may not be  compatible and doesn't load.(continually goes back to OPEN screen).i am running version 5.1.1, build V004M801_20170610.  

On 12/1/2018 at 11:50 PM, lou19 said:

Crave tv update

crave just pushed out an update and it requires 5+ to run. I have upgraded the 1800e with all the updates available on mygica and its a no go. it just won't work. the app just won't run.  it says may not be  compatible and doesn't load.(continually goes back to OPEN screen).i am running version 5.1.1, build V004M801_20170610.  

This may be an issue with the update. Can you roll back to an earlier version? 

It may be that it requires the unit to not be rooted. 

It also could be that it’s checking more than just the operating system version and may not be compatible with the firmware. 

Please try a factory reset reset and reinstalling the app. 

I wish the other previous was available indeed. i cannot find it anywhere. 

i have done a reset . the new  Crave works on my NEXUS 7 and all my other androids  even the KEYONE. 

How can i unroot  the unit?

Hi,

unfortunately, the 1800e is almost 5 years old and the beta version of 5.1 cannot be unrooted. We tried our best to provide options on upgrades, but since we had to bypass the chipset restrictions to release the version, rooting was a necessity. 

Ill try to test out a few things and see if I can find a way to rollback the update as well. If I find something I’ll post back here.