Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeeC

Set-Up

Set-Up

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a MyGica ATV495+  set-top box in order to be able to view Netflix on an old TV (i.e. not a smart TV).

The set-up instructions indicate that I should connect the device to the TV using the HDMI cable, but there's no HDMI port on the TV. I've connect the device to my DStv Explorer instead, which I had hoped would work, but when I try to power up the device, nothing happens (the device's power cable is plugged in, so that isn't the problem). This may be because the device isn't connecting to my home wi-fi, but there are no instructions about how to set up a connection.  

I can probably connect the device to the TV using the AV cable, but that means unplugging the Explorer every time I need to use it. Is there any way I can use the Explorer and MyGica together? I'm a complete novice at this, so would appreciate any guidance on how to get up and running.

Thanks!

P.S. My Explorer is connected to the internet using a DStv internet connector and I'm able to view Showmax that way, but not Netflix.

I didn't realise this is an international forum, so my first post may seem a bit cryptic! I live in South Africa and DStv is our local satellite TV provider. The DStv Explorer is the service provider's proprietal decoder. If anyone is familiar with this technology, I'd appreciate any help you're able to offer. Thanks! 

Hi lee, 

i hope someone from your area can assist with this because we have no idea what this is all about. 

Appologies and good luck. I’ll ask a couple people if they know what is going on as well. 

No worries! It is a bit of a geography specific question. LOL! I'm going to try connecting the device directly to my TV using the AV cable and hopefully that'll work :). Thanks for getting back to me. 

i am trying to activate Kodi on  MYGICA . i have worked out how to add programs etc. but i am confused about the first requirement of adding a pvr to my tv, i thought Mygica does it all. Can some help?

vic

6 hours ago, Victor Harris said:

i am trying to activate Kodi on  MYGICA . i have worked out how to add programs etc. but i am confused about the first requirement of adding a pvr to my tv, i thought Mygica does it all. Can some help?

vic

Legal manufacturers won't tell you how to setup Kodi or at least Android TV certified devices by Google won't preload the app in their devices, you have to do it by yourself, you need to investigate, you can head to kodi forums to learn more about how to setup the repos you want and how to use the app: https://forum.kodi.tv/

On 5/26/2019 at 5:08 AM, Victor Harris said:

vic

Where did you get these instructions from?

As adding a PVR to Kodi is not required.