Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derekv

Netflix Intermittent Issues

Netflix Intermittent Issues

I used the "workaround" on the FAQ and it worked once. After a reboot or so then Netflix comes up with some error that it cant play the title right now and I need to contact  the device support:

Netflix Error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5)
"It typically points to information stored on your device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue."
"Your device is experiencing a hardware or software problem that only the device manufacturer can solve. To get back to watching Netflix, you'll want to contact your device manufacturer and ask for the following:
Help upgrading to the latest firmware for the device.
Help performing a factory reset.
If those steps don't get you streaming again, your manufacturer may have other suggestions for fixing the device. If they don't have additional steps, or the additional steps still don't resolve the issue, you'll need to use a different Netflix-enabled device to continue streaming."

I used ATV495MAX_Beta.zip to reload the device and it worked once but then the next time I open Netflix the error returns. I have cleared out the Netflix cache as well and still no luck.

Any assistance would be appreciated as this is really frustrating.

On 12/28/2018 at 9:00 PM, MyGica Support said:

I’m sorry this is happening. I’ve been seeing a few reports of this. I’ll check into and see what’s happening. 

Has there been any progress with this? The kids are trying to watch movies and are not impressed by this - specially this time of the year?

On 1/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, MyGica Support said:

I’m still waiting to hear about testing done on it. 

Hi - So a lot of time has passed - any progress or feedback? If this model is no good then whom can I speak to to swap it out with something else that does work and not give any issues?

Maybe contact Netflix and ask them why they are holding back distribution of their software...MyGica has met with Netflix and they have their own set of rules...ergo, nothing MyGica does can influence the situation, perhaps some push-back from consumers will help....

"you can download the latest compatible Netflix app here."

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

On 1/26/2019 at 5:57 PM, admin said:

Maybe contact Netflix and ask them why they are holding back distribution of their software...MyGica has met with Netflix and they have their own set of rules...ergo, nothing MyGica does can influence the situation, perhaps some push-back from consumers will help....

WoW - Asking the customers to sort out the suppliers problems so the supplier can provide what they promise when the sold the product? You sell this as a Google certified Netflix working device. Or is that false advertising?

I don't sell anything -  I shared a link with you - you may use that version of Netflix on the ATV 495Max - MyGica, Google(Android) and Netflix are separate entities.  The issue is Netflix and distribution of "versions" of their software.  If you are unhappy with your purchase please see the company that sold it to you.

Hi Guys, i am not Tech savy, but i am having same issue, i have had the ATV1960 which is not google certified, then i exchanged for the 495 max which is google certified but can not watch netflix, due to tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) net flix has provided patch but cant load on mygica. I really dont need a cocky reply from admin as per previous messages to customers. Can you guys help or is it best to look at another tv box type

Hi @admin 

Is that he new Android version actually on testing or is there nothing that can be done and I should burn this TV box as Netflix doesn't work at all and the update has been in Beta testing for ages. I work in software development and it cannot honestly take this long to complete.

I've tried everything you guys have said and there's still no hope. If it's a PLEASE BE POLITE product just be honest and I'll gladly bin it and just use PS4 but this run around of not actually adding support is tiresome. 

Has this issue been resolved? I recently purchased the 495max and loaded Netflix. The issue I have is that some titles cannot play.  Especially the ones I resume playing. Or have played previously. 

"We cannot play this title now, please try again or choose another title" 

Any ideas?

Thanks