Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spartikus

Get Rid Of A Project

Get Rid Of A Project

Does anyone monitor (and bother to try to answer) these posts?  I was the last person to post something here, weeks ago (no replies).  I am trying to use this USB video capture device to digitize VHS tapes, it is not too difficult to get an mpeg-2 file onto a hard drive connected to a Win 7 machine, but it has mostly been a nightmare after that.  It came with basic honestech capture and burn software, the first time I tried using it I figured out that I might have to change the quality setting (bitrate) in the capture settings, I got that one VHS burned to a DVD, the next several times I captured a VHS tape I forgot to do so, so now I have a bunch of mpeg-2 movies that are too big to burn to a DVD;  does this software compress video?  I'm pretty sure not, and I will have to use something else to make those files small enough to fit on a standard, single laver, 4.7GB DVD.  The last VHS tape that I captured is fine, I remembered to change the quality settings to a low enough bit rate that the file will fit on a DVD, bu the "burn" section of the program will not let me use that file.  Earlier today I captured a VHS tape called STN, I forgot to change those setting so that file is 6.6GB and I will have to figure out a way to compress it  since then I captured the one that is fine, that one is called SI, I saved it, I have a file in a folder on that machine which is a mpeg-2 video called SI, and small enough to burn to a SL DVD.  After the VHS movie finished, and was captured by this program, I had not editing to do so I went to "burn", it only wants to recognize a previous project (STN), which is too big to burn to a DVD.  How do I remove that from the "burn" area and put the smaller flle (SI) into the burn area?

Of course I can, I restarted the program many times, restarting the machine also has not effect.  When I try to delete this file from the right pane "delete" is greyed out, and when I try to delete it a different way (I forget exactly how) I get a message along the lines, cannot delete *name of the file* because it is being used by the EDIT  or BURN part of this program...okay, how do I tell EDIT or BURN, I now longer need your services for this file (project, or whatever) and release it so I an use BURN for a different one?  

I am not sure if it is mounted but I am getting somewhere, not there yet but I'm a little bit ahead of where I was when I started this post.  I attaching a screenshot to try to make this as clear as possible but what I did was I tried starting a new project (again) and this time I was able to figure out how to make the program understand that I was done with the other one  (STN) and wanted to burn a new DVD with a different title - I partially accomplished that.  I was able to burn the DVD but titling is not correct.  The one that I could not get rid of was called Star Trek:  Nemesis (I will abbreviate, STN);  the one I have been trying to burn, and just did burn is called Cyborg (CY);  take a look at the screenshot, CY is at the bottom but how do I change the text at the top to CY? (currently reads "STN").  When I play this disc this is what I see, the screenshot I am attaching.  I want to change that text, at the top and at the bottom, with each new DVD I burn, of course - in this case CY should be the text at the top and at the bottom (as opposed to STN at the top and CY at the bottom).  How do I edit this? (at the top, I obviously edited the text at the bottom).

Thanks

STNCY.PNG

I’ll admit that I’m not very familiar with this software, but I’ve used a few that are similar. 

Are you able to click the green “edit” button at the top? If not, it seems you will have to start a new project to accomplish this. 

Im 99% sure that it can be edited though. 

Keep me updated. I want to see this work properly for you, and it helps me learn for helping others. 

If I misunderstood what you said, just let me know.