Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joels

Chromecast. Can't connect to player

Chromecast. Can't connect to player

I can't seem to connect to the player's chromecast even though my phone can see it and is listed as a chromecast device.

I get an error "there was a problem connecting to atv495 max"

Is there something I need to do to make it work?

I've tried lots of apps since then. They see it but can't connect. I loaded Google Home on my phone. It can't see the chromecast at all. Both my phone and atv495 max are on the same wifi network. Could it perhaps be that the chromecast built in software in the atv495 isn't somehow on the wifi network. One of the apps I tried indicated it was on an unknown ssid

I don't have unfortunately. I can try other wifi networks though. Will it work cabled? I was under the impression chromecast used wifi to cast. It would be great if your chromecast built in could work like the real thing by allowing for a pin. I can use casting via YouTube on the player and my phone though using a pin. It doesn't work with wifi which tells me its a possibly WiFi issue.

To avoid setup issues I factory reset the player. My player did exactly the same thing. I can see the player via chromecast but I can't connect. I tried Google Home as well. It doesn't see the player at all.

I'm using a 4G modem with a sim in it my WiFi. Its possible the WiFi settings is a problem but then again that same modem works with my chromecast 2 dongle perfectly. I am seeing articles online though saying chromecast built-in is incredibly buggy. Its play store rating is 1.9!! Especially with the latest update. Does it work on anyone else's MAX player using WiFi?

7 hours ago, joels said:

I don't have unfortunately. I can try other wifi networks though. Will it work cabled? I was under the impression chromecast used wifi to cast. It would be great if your chromecast built in could work like the real thing by allowing for a pin. I can use casting via YouTube on the player and my phone though using a pin. It doesn't work with wifi which tells me its a possibly WiFi issue.

To avoid setup issues I factory reset the player. My player did exactly the same thing. I can see the player via chromecast but I can't connect. I tried Google Home as well. It doesn't see the player at all.

I'm using a 4G modem with a sim in it my WiFi. Its possible the WiFi settings is a problem but then again that same modem works with my chromecast 2 dongle perfectly. I am seeing articles online though saying chromecast built-in is incredibly buggy. Its play store rating is 1.9!! Especially with the latest update. Does it work on anyone else's MAX player using WiFi?

I personally use a Huawei Mate 9 for my phone.

And was able to cast from the apps you mentioned above to the 495 MAX that is in our store front on display without issues.
Am using the latest Chromecast update from the Play Store as well.
Am located in Canada, so not sure if that makes a difference here when using Chromecast.

Only Netflix did not work, as it won't work through Chromecast on the 495 MAX as were not Netflix authorized.

And the Pin you mentioned on real chromecast 2 is just so you can setup wifi through the Google Home app on your chromecast 2, since original chromecast 2 has no user interface when plugged into your TV.

Hi. I'm using a Mate 10 pro. I also tried a Samsung tab p585. Neither worked. I'm beginning to think its the router itself.

One thing I did notice is your update app always gives an error when I attempted to do a ota update.

Hi,

I tried a wired network.

Same result. I can see the chromecast in the apps but can't connect.

I tried some of the third party apps on the TV play store that allow you to connect using a phone's chromecast  apps. I could connect with them without a problem.

1 hour ago, joels said:

Hi,

I tried a wired network.

I tried some of the third party apps on the TV play store that allow you to connect using a phone's chromecast  apps. I could connect with them without a problem.

You should update to 9 Pie to fix for good this inconvenience you're having.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:34 AM, joels said:

Hi,

I tried a wired network.

Was this ever resolved for you?

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Since this topic was created when he was having hardware issues with his previous device, I guess this problem solved with his new replacement, let's wait for his confirmation...

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

Yes. With the hardware replacement. I definitely bought a box with hardware issues out of the box.

Just now, joels said:

Yes. With the hardware replacement. I definitely bought a box with hardware issues out of the box.

Ok good to hear that