Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FV28

Netflix on 495 Max

Netflix on 495 Max

Is Netflix sorted for this device?

I cannot see it in the Playstore

Tried a work around, but it reboots in error.

Please help

Great device but not very useful without Netflix

1 hour ago, JakeTheSnake said:

If this is only a Netflix update and NOT a full ROM, can I install this on my device with 9.0 Pie installed?
Will it break my Pie?

If you already install 9.0 Pie you won't keep that version if you install this rom since it's under Nougat (7.1). it will rollback and I believe it won't work either since you are now under a higher version.

This ROM they did is an unofficial workaround to get Netflix, it's going to break at some point, Netflix is still not certified on this device so all we have to do is to wait until Geniatech/MyGica obtain the proper certificacion, then we could install the app directly from the Play Store.

14 hours ago, delacosta78 said:

If you already install 9.0 Pie you won't keep that version if you install this rom since it's under Nougat (7.1). it will rollback and I believe it won't work either since you are now under a higher version.

This ROM they did is an unofficial workaround to get Netflix, it's going to break at some point, Netflix is still not certified on this device so all we have to do is to wait until Geniatech/MyGica obtain the proper certificacion, then we could install the app directly from the Play Store.

Do we know when this is going to happen? Will it happen? Have they started a process?

25 minutes ago, FV28 said:

Do we know when this is going to happen? Will it happen? Have they started a process?

Who knows?, some guy here said Netflix requirements are very high but I can't find the topic where he said that, anyway, it's just a matter of time to find out.

1 hour ago, delacosta78 said:

Who knows?, some guy here said Netflix requirements are very high but I can't find the topic where he said that, anyway, it's just a matter of time to find out.

That was me who made that post

And the request was made to Netflix

But their requirements are about 1 million+ units a year to even be considered for a retail box. 

A lot of Android TV OS boxes coming out do not have Netflix. Even the adt-2 official device from Google doesn't have it, I just got one and it's not there. Their is even a few Reddit threads about it. 

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

But their requirements are about 1 million+ units a year to even be considered for a retail box. 

A lot of Android TV OS boxes coming out do not have Netflix. Even the adt-2 official device from Google doesn't have it, I just got one and it's not there. Their is even a few Reddit threads about it. 

Very sad.  It works through the ATV495X and my X96Mini. Is it because ATV495Max is an Android TV?

7 hours ago, FV28 said:

Very sad.  It works through the ATV495X and my X96Mini. Is it because ATV495Max is an Android TV?

The ATV495Max is a Google certified device ready to use Netflix but the certification is handle separately, it doesn't have anything to do with Google, however, the latter cannot be possible with the former.

The ATV495X and X96Mini will never provide Netflix in 1080p or even 4K quality, because they are not Google certified devices, so Netflix certification is impossible.

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Oh!, it was you!.

I managed to install Netflix on Mygica android box mod atv329x, used appinstaller 1.0, after struggling for 2 days, tried other options and different web brousers, appinstaller only app which worked

I just bought this box and was shocked to see that I could not install the Netflix app. After reading through this thread, I understand why. However, wondering if this will ever be available? 

Good day

I installed the beta rom for ATV495 max as suggested by Mygiga and Netflix is now available and working. The issue now is that the audio and video are out of sync. Is there a fix for this? 

14 minutes ago, Marcellus said:

Good day

I installed the beta rom for ATV495 max as suggested by Mygiga and Netflix is now available and working. The issue now is that the audio and video are out of sync. Is there a fix for this? 

I've showmax and it's a problem there too. DSTV now seems to be fine. 

Any ideas? 

This seems to be a dead player.. Not one single update since I got one in March last year. My friend's mi box S is on Android 9 and gets lots of updates