Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RYAN G

Youtube voice search not working

Good day,

I was running the old version of the android tv youtube app for a while without issue. I think it may be the app that came stock with the device.  Updated the youtube app from the Aptoide store recently. The new app is much improved overalll, and generally works well. 

The issue i have is that the youtube app voice search no longer works. it worked fine with the old version. The mic on the remote doesnt switch on (no blue light) then the app crashes. 

Is there a new driver or something similar thats needed? The Google voice search still works fine.

Regards

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

this isnlikely caused due to the version of yourube i staleld from aptoid. Please either install the google play version, or try different version from aptoid. Some of the YouTube apps in there seem to cause some issues. 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:07 AM, RYAN G said:

Good day,

I was running the old version of the android tv youtube app for a while without issue. I think it may be the app that came stock with the device.  Updated the youtube app from the Aptoide store recently. The new app is much improved overalll, and generally works well. 

The issue i have is that the youtube app voice search no longer works. it worked fine with the old version. The mic on the remote doesnt switch on (no blue light) then the app crashes. 

Is there a new driver or something similar thats needed? The Google voice search still works fine.

Regards

Ryan

You may have not allowed the MIC as a permission setting after you upgraded the app.

From the home screen, go to settings and select Manage Apps

Find the You Tube app, and then go to permissions
There should be a permission for the Microphone
Make sure it is turned on

If it was off, and then you turned it on.  It should start working after this.