Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rkg18

Stuck in Recovery Mode Help

My guess it happens to us who are still in the process of setting up the box, like in my case to learn its ins and outs as I try things out instead of just watching movies.

Like the other day I installed TVMC which is Gotham 13.2 XBMC that can coexist with Kodi. I installed many skins in TVMC version to see which I might like and then I did uninstall most of them. I was surprised to find many of those skins having been installed in Kodi as well, but not used, just installed. I did uninstall them and upon next start of TVMC and Kodi both greeted me with 'first run' message but the configuration I made was still there, freaked me out a little. Mind you best is to stick with default skins, any other ones slow things down and can be confusing to boot. In Kodi I liked Influence skin but it noticeably slows Kodi down when you move about, no idea if it affects movie streams.

My box is also stuck in recovery mode. The Android update will go to about 80% and then it starts all over again. It just loops continuously.

I do know what happened to my box that made it got into this though. I was using the box and our town had a power failure. A minute later, the power came back on and the ATV1200 started to boot. Then the power went out BEFORE it finished booting up.

I unplugged the unit after that but the box just got into the recovery mode after all that. Now, I just couldn't get it to go anymore. HELP!

My box is also stuck in recovery mode. The Android update will go to about 80% and then it starts all over again. It just loops continuously.

I do know what happened to my box that made it got into this though. I was using the box and our town had a power failure. A minute later, the power came back on and the ATV1200 started to boot. Then the power went out BEFORE it finished booting up.

I unplugged the unit after that but the box just got into the recovery mode after all that. Now, I just couldn't get it to go anymore. HELP!

that issue is corrupt file, please redownload and unzip the file to SD card and try again i am sure it will work

Hello,

I am having the same issue with the recovery mode loop. I see in the comments above from Justin that he shared a link to a fix but the link doesn't work anymore.

"I have found that this method works to fix it

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945"

Can someone share what this fix was please?

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. ***