Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joels

Mygica South Africa. Wow!

I don't compliment easily but mygica South Africa (syntech) sorted out my 495 max. They replaced it with a new one. It wasn't the upgrade that bricked it. It was hardware failure. The box obviously had out the box issues. The new box works perfectly. Even chromecast. Fantastic!

They advised me NOT to upgrade to Pie until the firmware is tested thoroughly by themselves. They don't even have a copy yet of Pie. I'll only do that once its on their site. Mygica.co.za.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, joels said:

I don't compliment easily but mygica South Africa (syntech) sorted out my 495 max. They replaced it with a new one. It wasn't the upgrade that bricked it. It was hardware failure. The box obviously had out the box issues. The new box works perfectly. Even chromecast. Fantastic!

They advised me NOT to upgrade to Pie until the firmware is tested thoroughly by themselves. They don't even have a copy yet of Pie. I'll only do that once its on their site. Mygica.co.za.

Great to hear

Thanks for sharing

When is Pie coming or how can I revert back to the original firmware to at least get Netflix working in SD. I don't think the USB burning tool works

1 hour ago, jdido87 said:

When is Pie coming or how can I revert back to the original firmware to at least get Netflix working in SD. I don't think the USB burning tool works

The problem is not the USB burning tool software because I used it in the past with another device, the problem is the image file created by Geniatech not loading inside the program.

9 minutes ago, delacosta78 said:

The problem is not the USB burning tool software because I used it in the past with another device, the problem is the image file created by Geniatech not loading inside the program.

See:

https://www.mygica.co.za/faq/

It explains what to do. Looks like you just update using the original firmware. There's a link to it on the page

16 hours ago, delacosta78 said:

Oh the same firmware is posted in the FAQ link, OK, I didn't noticed it, sorry.

The impression I get is that you just run an upgrade with the old firmware.

3 hours ago, joels said:

The impression I get is that you just run an upgrade with the old firmware.

Still, it doesn't work with the USB Burning Tool software.

I get a error trying to rollback to the original firmware following the same process advanced when installing the beta version with Netflix. Any ideas how I can go back to the original firmware? 

3 hours ago, jdido87 said:

I get a error trying to rollback to the original firmware following the same process advanced when installing the beta version with Netflix. Any ideas how I can go back to the original firmware? 

That' the problem, neither both options are working, Geniatech/MyGica must address this issues ASAP.