Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdido87

Android TV 9

5 hours ago, jdido87 said:

Android TV 9

Will the ATV 495 Max ever receive Pie or even Oreo in the near future?

Regards 

Yes, it's still in beta testing, however, the update is available at the Geniatech online store but I'm not allowed to share the link of the file but the link of the store, use it at your own risk: https://shop.geniatech.us

9 hours ago, jdido87 said:

Android TV 9

Will the ATV 495 Max ever receive Pie or even Oreo in the near future?

Regards 

Yes Android 9/Pie is currently being tested for the 495 MAX

Right now just a Beta is available

On 8/8/2019 at 12:51 AM, phatfossil said:

Has anyone tried this Beta Android9/Pie yet? Does it work, or should I wait before I brick my device? Thanks

Don't install it because it's still in beta, take a look at this video:

On 8/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, delacosta78 said:

Don't install it because it's still in beta, take a look at this video:

any idea when we can expect this?

On 9/22/2019 at 12:50 AM, Ruben A said:

Do you think android 9 will be compatible for 495X model?

Not its not.

Take @delacosta78's advice.  Do not try the Beta 9.0 firmware. It will brick your device . I bravely went down that hole, however after some trial and error I managed to revive and rollback to Android 7 using Amlogic USB Burning Tool ...  I couldn't return it since my 1 year warranty lapsed a month ago

I again attempted the 9.0 firmware, and got it to work...busy testing some apps on it...  No Netflix though 😢.  So far these work (Showmax, DSTV Now,  Kodi, Plex)

image.thumb.png.86b66d64828b3e98429ad5422317f2c2.png

31 minutes ago, delacosta78 said:

Hey @vicom, how did you manage to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to inject the original firmware? can you please share your experience with us?, it's very important to know.

I used the links you provided on a previous post to download both the "original" Android 7 firmware and USB Burning tool.  The trick is to disable image checking 

So the steps I followed 

1. Untick "CheckImg" option under "File" on the tool
  2. Import the firmware
  3. Proceed flashing as per normal process
  4. The process will get stuck at 98% and eventually FAIL . You will get a " UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error".....Don't be alarmed
  5. image.png.b9f870f39bcad7898a5b1ae39a6f0406.png
  6. Click "Stop"
  7. Unplug USB cable and Unplug power cable
  8. Connect a keyboard on one of the USB ports
  9. Hold down the button on the bottom side of the unit (reset button) and Plug back the power cable (keep the button still held down)
  10. Keep the button down, the front LED will turn from RED to BLUE , only then release it
  11. You will be dropped into the Android Recovery screen
  12. image.png.4d218ec829696cf70892f6fab161079a.png
  13. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and press enter
  14. Select "Yes" and press enter
  15. Select "Reboot system now"
  16. Bob's your Uncle!!!

Nice!, very nice!, this deserves a separate post so everybody can learn how to burn the firmware in their own devices in case it bricks, I'm going to copy and paste your instructions, thank you!!!!.

13 minutes ago, delacosta78 said:

Nice!, very nice!, this deserves a separate post so everybody can learn how to burn the firmware in their own devices in case it bricks, I'm going to copy and paste your instructions, thank you!!!!.

don't forget to like the post after testing..😁

Kindly provide the STOCK ROM which works with the burning tool. I also bricked my box while updating to OS9. During update the screen went blank and stupid box showing orange light now.

Hi,

I have updated my MyGica ATV495Max to Android TV 9.0 (Pie).

DSTV Now, Showmax and all other apps that downloaded from Google Play Store are working perfectly!

Netflix is another story. I have tried side loading many Netflix APKs. But none of them work.

Has anybody got Netflix to work with Android TV 9.0 (Pie)?

I got the Netflix working on the first try. DSTV now is super slow and picture is very bad. 

I set the resolution to 1080 on the android box itself and removed the auto resolution adjust but the dstv app is still not working 100%

Another problem is you tube that cuts out after 15min on 

Any help out there?

On 9/22/2019 at 12:50 AM, Ruben A said:

Do you think android 9 will be compatible for 495X model?

Aidan's ROM v8.0 ATV 9.0 will work on the ATV 495X HDR,  but you will not have use of the IR part of the stock remote like Power On/Off nor will you have WiFi,  but will work well with Ethernet.